Youth Outreach Worker
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Full Time Employment Opportunity – Beaverhouse First Nation
Following the Mission Statement of the Beaverhouse First Nation band office, we are seeking a dedicated and energetic individual who will work with a dynamic team to perform the following duties:
- Maintain a culturally safe, positive and enriching environment for Youth who attend programming in the office and out on the land. Program delivery will at times be located at our Land Based locations.
- Deliver culturally appropriate services through the NAN Choose Life program with focus on preventing suicide for indigenous youth and promoting cultural living.
- Be available for counselling with Youth, creation of a youth sharing circle, as well as working in partnership with other social service providers in ensuring all around care and support for youth. Reaching out to our youth in care and empower families in living well with culture.
- Ensure accurate records are kept of all program activities; attendance records, sign-in sheets, stats, registration forms, privacy forms, incident reports and picture releases. Progress notes are a necessity for youth counselling.
- Must be able to attend training and/or workshops out of town as mandated by the programs.
- Maintain a confidential and positive rapport with coworkers, clients, families, and other indigenous agencies/partnerships.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Social Service Worker diploma or minimum 2 years’ experience in related field.
- Experience with Facilitation or coordination of group activities
- Knowledge of Indigenous Culture and Willingness to learn.
- Experience with Office 365, outlook, excel, word.
- Valid Driver’s license and access to vehicle.
- Highly motivated, reliable and committed.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Crisis Intervention Training
- Assist Training, Safe Talk Training
- Peer Support Counselling
Upon acceptance of the position a Vulnerable Sector Check will be required.
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume to the attention of the Hiring Committee by 12pm noon on November 15, 2019 @ firstname.lastname@example.org or can be dropped off at 26 Station Road, North Kirkland Lake
We would like to thank those that applied. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.