Full-Time • Timmins Region
Salary Range: $20,000 - $40,000
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply today.
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager,the position of Warehouse Associate is primarily responsible for sorting, storing, taking inventory, keeping records and organizing for the shipping of rock/soil samples stored in the warehouse. This is a full time position located in Timmins, ON. Some overtime hours and on weekends may be required as needed. This position is physically demanding and may require handling of heavy loads (up to 50 lbs).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Log and store samples into LIMS as set out in established standard procedures
- Ensure all files/boxes/rejects stored at the warehouse are recorded into storage areas for timely retrieval as requested
- Respond to client requests for disposal and returns that have passed free storage period and perform quality check to ensure accuracy
- Maintain lab requirements of supplies when needed and transport samples/rejects into warehouse storage
- Operate and maintain equipment according to written instructions
- Comply with all occupational safety regulations, laboratory safety procedures, and the requirements of all applicable ISO Quality System SOPs
- Other duties as assigned or required from time to time
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum completion of high school education
- Minimum 1 to 2 years shipping and receiving experience preferred
- Certifications in forklift training and hazardous goods handling/transportation an asset
- Ability to effectively handle time critical issues and to work under pressure with tight deadline
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Excellent English, verbal and written
- Strong organizing and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Starting wage of $16.00 per hour
If you feel that you are the right person for this position please forward your application by email, quoting reference TIMWA_1910 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Please note that applications without the job reference will not be accepted.
Candidates applying for Canadian job posting must be authorized to work in Canada.