Victim Witness Coordinator
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation is presently recruiting for a
VICTIM WITNESS COORDINATOR
Thunder Bay, Timmins, Kenora, Sioux Lookout, ON
Since 2001, NALSC has offered support and assistance to victims of and witnesses to crimes. NALSC
is seeking a person who can not only provide the type of traditional victim and witness support
services required, but to also vigorously pursue additional opportunities for networking,
resourcing, revamping and enhancement of the program.
The Victim Witness Coordinator (VWPC) is responsible for assisting the Manager and Victim Witness
Liaison workers in all aspects of training, continuing development and implementation of the
NALSC’s direct services programs. The VWPC will provide direct assistance to individuals of all
ages who have been harmed. The mandate of the Victim Witness Coordinator is to improve the quality
of service to crime victims which can include individuals and/or communities. The VWC will act as
an advocate, offer support, and ensure immediate needs are met. The Victim Witness Coordinator
works under the supervision of the Victim Witness Liaison Program Manager.
• Completed Secondary School is preferred; however, consideration may be given to proven skills
demonstration and experience through previous employment
• Education or experience in social work, mental health, paralegal, or related field
• Ability to counsel/relate to people with emotional situations
• Experience with the Euro-Canadian legal system and knowledge of Aboriginal justice systems
• Experience in program management and planning
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
• Must be willing and able to travel extensively
• Valid driver’s license with reliable vehicle
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Proficient working knowledge of MS Office Software, internet, and general office equipment
• Ability to speak Cree, Oji-Cree, or Ojibway an asset.
• 6% pension matching
• 100% employer paid health benefits.
• 3 weeks paid vacation after your first year.
Location: Thunder Bay, Timmins, Kenora, Sioux Lookout, ON
Hours:Full Time (35 Hours Per Week)
Salary: In accordance with established pay grid and commensurate with education/experience
CLOSING DATE: November 30, 2023
Please send cover letter, and resume to:
Human Resources, Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation,
101 Syndicate Ave N, Suite 101, Thunder Bay, ON, P7C 3V4
Email: [email protected]
NALSC invites applications from qualified members of NAN. Please indicate in your cover letter how
you meet the criteria for the position and whether you are a NAN member. We thank all candidates
for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with
disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of
the selection process.
For more information, please visit our website: https://nanlegal.on.ca/jobs/