Victim Support Program Manager
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation is presently recruiting for a
VICTIM SUPPORT PROGRAM MANAGER
Thunder Bay, Timmins, Kenora, Sioux Lookout, ON
The Victim Support Programs Manager ensures the delivery of Victim and Witness Liaison program and Victim Quick Response Plus Program services to NAN communities while providing culturally appropriate advocacy and relevant training to all the Victim Witness Liaison Team. The Victim Support Programs Manager will build and maintain partnerships to support, develop and raise awareness of both Programs. The Victim Support Programs Manager will provide public legal education on the NALSC victim support programs to the NAN Territory and Northern Ontario. Victims and witnesses of all ages are assisted in dealing with the consequences of victimization and are guided to an understand the criminal justice system and their rights. The mandate of the Victim Witness Liaison program is to improve the quality of service to crime victims and witnesses of crime, including acting as a support, ensuring immediate needs are met, referring to appropriate resources and assisting victims and witnesses with the court process or to participate in a restorative justice process. The Victim Quick Response Program + (VQRP+) provides short-term financial support toward essential expenses for victims, their immediate family members and witnesses in the immediate aftermath of a violent crime to help reduce the impact of the crime, enhance safety and meet immediate practical needs.
• This position requires, at a minimum, a post-secondary degree or diploma in social work, mental health, paralegal, or related field.
• Consideration may be given to proven extensive knowledge or experience through previous employment.
• Knowledge or experience of the justice system, community support service providers, victims’ issues are a definite asset.
• Requires excellent communication skills and familiarity with the legal system and Aboriginal issues.
• The position requires a level of assertiveness and proactive ability to ensure the interests of the program and the clients are being advanced effectively
• Proficient working knowledge of MS Office Software, internet, and general office
• Ability to speak Cree, Oji-Cree, or Ojibway an asset.
• 6% pension matching
• 100% employer paid health benefits.
• 3 weeks paid vacation after your first year.
Location: Thunder Bay, Timmins, Kenora, Sioux Lookout, ON
Hours: Full Time (35 Hours Per Week)
Salary: In accordance with established pay grid and commensurate with education/experience
CLOSING DATE: November 30, 2023
Please send cover letter, and resume to:
Human Resources, Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation,
101 Syndicate Ave N, Suite 101, Thunder Bay, ON, P7C 3V4
Email: [email protected]
NALSC invites applications from qualified members of NAN. Please indicate in your cover letter how you meet the criteria for the position and whether you are a NAN member. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For more information, please visit our website: https://nanlegal.on.ca/jobs/