Underground Beat Geologist
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Lake Shore Gold is located in Timmins, Ontario.
The Timmins West mine is located approximately 18 kilometres west of Timmins, Ontario, one of the world’s most prolific gold camps. Mineralization is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt. The Timmins West mine is comprised of the Timmins deposit, the Thunder Creek deposit, and the 144 Gap deposit. All three deposits are interconnected by underground drifts.
We are currently recruiting for: Underground Beat Geologist
In this position, you will assist with advanced underground drill programs at the Timmins West Mine. The successful candidate must have a good knowledge of geology, mining methods, core logging, drill layout procedures and associated safety practices. Must have experience with daily grade control functions that include mapping underground and sampling and providing direction to the Mining Department. You will be required to update underground samples and mapping databases and complete formal written reports and other tasks as requested.
Salary & Benefits
- Medical and Prescription
- Pension/RSP plan
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Wages
- Eligible for Mine/Mill Performance Plan Incentives
Timmins West Mine
5-5-4 Schedule, 11 hour day shifts
- University degree in Geoscience with current membership in the APGO - Professional Geologist (PGeo)
- 3 years’ experience in gold exploration or gold mine environment
- Knowledge of drill layout procedures and underground safety practices
- Experience with daily grade control functions
- Knowledge of 3D modeling software (Gemcom), Datamine, ArcGIS (Arcview), and A-Mine will be considered an asset
- Be committed to safety
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Lake Shore Gold
P.O. Box 1067
We thank all candidates for their interest in Lake Shore Gold; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer.