Full-Time • Timmins Region
Salary Range: $60,000 - $80,000
The Systems Engineer is primarily responsible for the successful delivery of IT related projects that are on-time and on-budget. The role has an advanced troubleshooting ability and is highly knowledgeable in servers, storage and network related solutions. The application of best practice methods is critical to maintain a high level of quality and standardization in deployed solutions. The Systems Engineer is the direct escalation path for the helpdesk and is responsible for in-person support at client offices. Through interactions with clients during support and project delivery the position shall collect feedback with the goal of identifying new opportunities and creating new solutions.
Secondary responsibilities include setup and deployment of internal servers, storage and network related solutions. The System Engineer has full access to the IDC co-location facility and all other network locations. The role is often called upon to develop and refine internal line of business application suites such as the PSA, RMM or CMS platforms. The position is responsible for documenting all projects deployed as well as any other processes that are repeatable.
The Systems Engineer is the first point of contact for mission critical technical support calls received after core business hours. It is imperative that the position maintain up-to-date knowledge on new hardware, software and methodologies to remain relevant as the IT industry evolves. The Systems Engineer is the subject matter expert in most hardware or software related inquires.
- Deploy, support and document IT projects on-time and on-budget.
- Develop project plans for future projects and associate time estimates.
- Act as project lead when required, manage time and resources.
- Address technical support escalations from the helpdesk team.
- Provide technical support remotely and on-site at client offices.
- Respond to after-hours mission critical alerts received from the RMM system.
- Respond to after-hours mission critical requests from client stakeholders.
- Develop, install and maintain internal networks, systems and solutions.
- Work to refine and develop KPI’s for company and client measurement.
- Update and create documentation for internal policies and procedures.
- Any out of town travel as required; any other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Hands-on experience and an advanced level ability with the following solutions and concepts:
- Microsoft Cloud Services. (Azure, Office 365, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online)
- Microsoft Windows Server suites. (2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016)
- Microsoft Domain Topology, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy.
- Microsoft application suites and features. (Exchange, SQL, RDS, IIS, RRAS)
- LAN/WAN/DMZ/VPN networks, firewalls, network switches and wireless access points.
- VoIP telephony solutions, system & handset configuration and installation. (SIP, FXO, FXS, PSTN)
- Virtualization suites. (VMware ESXi, vSphere, vCenter; Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Virtualization based host, SAN and network configuration. (iSCSI, Jumbo Frames, MPIO)
Extensive experience with hardware and software from the following vendors/manufacturers:
- ConnectWise; N-Able; Datto; IT Glue; Sangoma; Sophos; Open-Mesh; Ubiquiti or Lenovo/IBM.
Please visit the careers section of our website to start the application process: www.greatwhitenorth.com/careers
This posting will remain active and open until we find a candidate that is a right fit for our team.