Student Services Officer (Evening)
Part-Time • Timmins Region
I N T E R N A L/ E X T E R N AL
POSITION TITLE: Student Services Officer(Evening)
STATUS: Regular Part Time (0-24 hrs/wk)
CLASSIFICATION: Less Than 12 Months
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
STARTING SALARY: $20.68/hr
CLOSING DATE: October 23rd, 2019
DIVISION: Student Services
COMPETITION #: 19-74
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
Reporting to the Campus Manager, incumbent will be responsible for providing assistance to students, faculty and community members accessing the Timmins Campus, outside of the regular operating hours. The duties consist of:
- Responding to the urgent student matters (meeting with students, hearing concerns and referring for next day follow-up);
- Acting as reception for students needing direction to classes and services;
- Acting as support for part time faculty requiring direction (how to reach I.T. support, photocopying);
- Responding to inquiries from the general public;
- Performing minor office duties (labelling, stuffing envelopes, etc);
- 1 year certificate in Office Administration or related field.
- minimum of 1-year experience in a related field, in an office environment, preferably in an education setting;
- ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment and work with minimal supervision;
- computer proficiency in MS Office Suites and other programs is a requirement;
- requires strong leadership skills, visionary capacity and a commitment to positive community development.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
The successful candidate may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Preference will be given to qualified employees within the bargaining unit at Northern College. Should a suitable candidate not be found, external candidates will be considered.