Full-Time • Timmins Region
Our client, Makami Engineering in Timmins is seeking a Structural Engineer.
Makami Engineering Group Ltd. is a consulting engineering firm based in Sudbury, Ontario and provides the bulk of its services to industrial clients in Northern Ontario.
In this role you would provide the following:
· Manage a structural design team consisting of other Professional Engineers, designers, and support staff;
· Ensure compliance with applicable Codes, Standards and Regulations, and ensure the adequacy of design for permits and compliance with approved plans;
· Formulate and develop advanced techniques and concepts in Civil/Structural Engineering;
· Develop conceptual design, preliminary design and detailed design deliverables including calculations, layouts and sketches, drawings, technical specifications etc.;
· Prepare detailed design calculations and analysis for steel and concrete structures / foundations (using engineering software);
· Coordinate structural work with the work of other engineering disciplines;
· Perform design review or design verification on technical documents prepared by others;
· Ensure the quality and consistency, accuracy, and completeness of engineering deliverables;
· Compliance with applicable QA procedures and be responsible for producing quality work;
· Perform structural inspections of and prepare inspection reports for various structures in mining, industrial, and commercial environments.
· Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario; in good standing:
· Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university/college;
· 5 to 15 years of structural analysis and design experience in steel and concrete structures preferably in a consulting environment;
· Thorough knowledge of Canadian and International Codes and standards used in Civil/Structural engineering;
· Proven ability to collaborate with team members in a multi-disciplined environment;
· Must be willing to work on multiple tasks/projects;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary in order to effectively communicate with clients and employees.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Email your cover letter and resume in one file by June 5th, 2020 at 4:30pm to email@example.com.
Be sure to include the following in the subject line or your application may not reach the appropriate person:
- Your name
- Makami Structural Engineer-Timmins
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only—no fax, mail or drop-off applications please—and request that you do not phone.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Makami Engineering.