Site Coordinator - Electra Battery Materials Corporation - Full-Time
Full-Time • Temiskaming Shores Region
Full Job Description
Location: Cobalt Refinery, Temiskaming Shores, Ontario
Reference No: 2022-024
Position Type: Shift Rotation, 30-40 hours per week
Rate of Pay: Salary, Commensurate with experience and qualifications
About Electra Battery Materials
Electra plans to be a processor of low-carbon, ethically-sourced battery materials. Currently constructing North America’s only cobalt sulfate refinery, Electra is executing a multipronged strategy focused on onshoring the electric vehicle supply chain. Keys to its strategy are integrating black mass recycling and nickel sulfate production at Electra’s refinery located north of Toronto, and advancing Iron Creek, its cobalt-copper exploration-stage project in the Idaho Cobalt Belt.
Below is a list of primary duties and responsibilities for the Site Coordinator position at the Cobalt Refinery:
- Be the first point of contact for personnel entering the Electra Refinery site;
- Perform Visitor Site Inductions and Contractor Site Inductions as required;
- Perform inspections of equipment around the site, record operating levels, temperatures, flows, and report any non-conformance to management;
- Patrol designated property to monitor and prevent intrusion, damage, hazards and breaches of security;
- Monitor and control entrance and departure of employees and visitors according to protocol;
- Protect company’s property by maintaining a safe and secure environment;
- Prepare written reports of daily activities, observations and incidents;
- Perform rounds of status checks around the worksite, tailings, etc.;
- Relay to Superintendents any personnel issues with staff or contractors;
- Perform work in compliance with health, safety and company environmental policies and all prescribed regulations;
- Perform miscellaneous site support duties as they occur; and,
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; aptitude testing maybe required;
- Asset: College diploma or technical area of post-secondary study;
- Minimum two years’ experience preferred;
- Must be able and willing to work shift work;
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job including standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads of up to 40 pounds, excellent hand-eye-coordination skills, etc.;
- Proven ability to work in a team environment demonstrating excellent communication skills;
- Superior organizational, problem solving and time management skills; and,
- Excellent written and oral communications.
Why join Electra Battery Materials?
Together, we will power a better path forward. Be a part of a fast-growing team, as we succeed in becoming North America’s first integrated battery materials park, providing battery grade materials for the electric vehicle revolution. Our success is contingent on the hard work and dedication of our people. Electra Battery Materials rewards team members through:
- Recognition and results-driven compensation
- Training and development opportunities
- Health and wellbeing
- Ongoing communication and two-way feedback
If you are a passionate, committed, and dynamic individual, please submit your resume in confidence. Please note that only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Electra Battery Materials is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and decisions to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Temiskaming Shores, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)