Senior’s Mental Health Nurse (RN)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
The Canadian Mental Health Association – Cochrane Timiskaming Branch is currently recruiting a Senior’s Mental Health Nurse (RN) for its Timmins office. In keeping with CMHA Cochrane Timiskaming Branch’s Mission, Vision, and Values, the Senior’s Mental Health Nurse (RN) provides comprehensive mental health nursing services to clients served by the Seniors’ Mental Health Program – Regional Consultation Service for the purpose of maintaining and/or reintegrating individuals into the community at their optimal level of functioning.
1. Registered Nurse;
2. Membership/registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
3. Minimum three years experience and demonstrated extensive knowledge and applied clinical skills in working with older adults with various neurocognitive impairments, mental health, substance use, and other neurological conditions;
4. Demonstrated knowledge of mental health issues in the elderly population;
5. Knowledge of consent and capacity issues and legislation involving this population, i.e., Public Guardian Trustee, Substitute Decision Maker Act, Health Care Consent Act, Mental Health Act, Long-Term Care Act;
6. Certification in GPA, U-FIRST!, P.I.E.C.E.S., Montessori, Gentle Care, recovery philosophy;
7. Knowledge of community support services, primary health care and mental health systems;
8. Strong clinical judgment and comprehensive skills in assessment;
9. Proven interpersonal and critical thinking skills to establish and maintain positive shared-care working relationships with patients and care partners;
10. Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively document and convey essential clinical and systems information;
11. Excellent organizational and time management skills, along with the ability to work in a self-directed manner;
12. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
13. The ability to provide services according to the work schedule determined by the employer and according to the needs of the individuals served.
French Language Service Designation: Bilingualism, English and French, is required. In accordance with our designation under the French-Language Services Act, if no bilingual candidates (both internal and external) meet the qualifications of the position, English-speaking candidates may be considered.
For a complete job description, please contact Human Resources by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a permanent full-time unionized position, located in Timmins. We offer a comprehensive compensation program and the opportunity to work alongside a team of energetic and spirited employees who are committed to improving the lives of those who rely on us for support.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume focused on personal achievements relevant to the position to: email@example.com
CMHA-CT has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires covered individuals to take part in COVID-19 vaccination programs recommended by Public Health; unless they are approved for a human rights accommodation from CMHA-CT. Compliance with this policy is mandatory for this position.
For more about the Canadian Mental Health Association – Cochrane Timiskaming Branch
and the important work we do, visit us at www.cmhact.ca.
Please advise Human Resources if you will require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code or the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to properly participate.
We would be pleased to assist you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. We will contact those candidates who are invited to participate in an interview.