Senior Exploration Geologist
Full-Time • Timmins Region
In this role, the Senior Exploration Geologist will implement and maintain the exploration technical standards and analyze the data for various target areas and properties. This position will be held accountable for the work program and adherence to budget and timelines.
Location: Exploration Office – Timmins, Ontario
Reporting to the Geology Manager, the Senior Exploration Geologist will have the following responsibilities:
· Implementation of relevant exploration technical standards appraising and recommending target areas for exploration licenses
- Preparing and submitting Exploration License applications
- Developing and submitting the work program and budget for the target projects
- Field visits to monitor the Drill operations and handling of core
- Regional Mineral sampling programs , geological mapping and Diamond Drill supervision
- Monitoring the organization of core and the process from the drill hole to lab
- Analysis of assay results
- Files and reports as required
- Takes responsibility for aspects of occupational health and safety, and environmental matters, over which the individual has control, including adherence to all requirements applicable to Lake Shore Gold Corporation.
- Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Geology University degree with P Geo designation and five to ten years of experience in a leadership role in the Exploration field.
- Must either be an APGO member or be eligible to apply for APGO membership in the Province of Ontario
- Computer skills with A Mine, Gem Com, Data Mine and DH Logger
- Gather and analyze data, plan, organize and prioritize work, delivering timely information
- Budget and accounting experience in tracking expenses related to specific projects
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with various work groups
- Be committed to safety
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Salary & Benefits
ü Medical and Prescription
ü Pension/RSP plan
ü Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
ü Long Term Disability Coverage
ü Employee Assistance Program
ü Paid Vacation
ü Competitive Salary
ü Eligible for Mine/Mill Performance Plan Incentives
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Lake Shore Gold
P.O. Box 1067