ROCKSHIELDENGINEERED WOOD PRODUCTS ULC - Controller
CDSSAB - ES -Cochrane
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
ROCKSHIELDENGINEERED WOOD PRODUCTS ULC
Rockshield Engineered Wood Products Cochrane, Ontario
Full Time - Permanent
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
The Controller will be responsible for the facility's financial operations, decision support and internal controls. He or she will be a member of the leadership team, reporting operationally to the Vice President. The Controller serves as the accounting and treasury, provides financial leadership to the operations in the planning and execution of business goals and objectives. This hands-on leader manages the financial performance of the facility including: driving results through management of timely and accurate daily/weekly operational performance metrics, planning, forecasting, reporting, analyzing business drivers, risks and opportunities, and administering internal controls. The Controller builds organizational capability by regularly engaging with our financial institutions as well with our own manufacturing facility, educating, and providing financial acumen to the management team. The ideal candidate is an action- oriented critical thinker, attentive to detail, skilled in driving process improvements, who demonstrates the drive, business acumen, and interpersonal skills to deliver results within a complex manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for all periodic accounting functions and analysis of operational data with emphasis on both financial and cost accounting, payroll accounting, and operational reporting. Manage general ledger, cost accounting, material usage accounting, payroll accounting, payables and receivables management. Responsible for accurate and timely preparation of financial statements and management reporting. Maintain balance sheets.
- Assure reporting and compliance with generally accepted accounting procedures (GAAP & IFRS), corporate policy and governmental regulations and makes appropriate recommendations for changes to financial policy and procedures. Reviews and evaluates internal controls and systems for the various accounting application, recommending changes to procedures, work distribution, and system design.
- Supervise accounting staff responsible for trade and miscellaneous accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, and payroll accounting.
- Assure monthly reconciliation of General Ledger accounts and monthly preparation of reports. • Ensures the timely and accurate filing of government tax returns and payments.
- Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration - MBA, CPA or CMA a plus; • Minimum 12+ years of financial management experience (Cost Accountant/Plant Controller) with increasing responsibility in a manufacturing environment;
- Solid understanding of current General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Leadership and sense of urgency: ability to drive accurate and timely positive results in a complex environment;
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented;
- Acts as a business partner; sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change;
- Exhibits managerial courage in defending a position and working under pressure;
- Strong analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability; Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong experience developing people;
Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong ERP Business Intelligence skills;
- Dynamic, confident personality that takes charge and produces results.
- Excellent personal computer skills (spreadsheet and database) along with exposure to LAN, IS and production control systems. Experience in utilizing client server accounting or enterprise resource software such as SAP, PeopleSoft, Great Plains, or Solomon. Experience with MS Access databases including query writing and data exporting. Highly proficient in the use of MS Excel.
- Ability to coordinate projects and work with all levels of management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to type, sit at desk, climb stairs, and lift and carry small packages.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works with a computer and may sit for extended periods of time. The employee is also expected to walk short distances and climb stairs. The work environment may be loud, damp and hot and/or cold.
Statement of Job Description:
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Expires: 2023-05-06