ROCKSHIELD ENGINEERED WOOD PRODUCTS ULC - Quality Control Coordinator
CDSSAB - ES -Cochrane
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
ROCKSHIELDENGINEERED WOOD PRODUCTS ULC
Quality Control Coordinator
Rockshield Engineered Wood Products ULC
Direct Report-General Manager
Plans direct, manages and is accountable for all quality activities within the plant while ensuring compliance with company policies, legal requirements, health and safety policies and industry standards.
In addition, they must be able to meet customer and stockholder expectations through efficient utilization of mill resources and profit maximization. Individuals must be knowledgeable about company safety policies and product values. They will be responsible for training employees to achieve quality standards and must demonstrate superior communication skills when dealing with marketing/sales, line staff and liaising with customers.
- Accountable for monitoring and advising the production supervisor and manager of quality at all machine centres and make recommendations when necessary.
- To select and analyze samples of raw material and finished products to ensure that they meet standards.
- Adhere to all Rockshield's health and safety policies and procedures.
- Complete quality reports and investigate quality concerns when targets are not achieved
- Systematically deal with customers complaints addressing root causes and increasing quality of customer service through non-conformance reporting.
- Ensure the company remains compliant for the ULEF, NAF and FSC standards.
- Minimum 3 years of post-secondary education in business administration or mechanical technology. • Working experience in the manufacturing industry preferred.
- Possess the following personal qualities: integrity, creativity, high standards, commitment, ethical values, and achievement-oriented
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve, answer questions and make decisions
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Type, sit at a desk, climb stairs, and work in hot and cold outdoor environments.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works with a computer and may sit for extended periods of time. The employee is also expected to walk short distances and climb stairs. The work environment may be loud, damp and hot and/or cold.
Statement of Job Description:
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Expires: 2023-05-06