Rock Tools Technician - Sandvik/Alamos Gold, Matachewan, ON
Full-Time • Temiskaming Shores Region
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking a Rock Tools Sales & Service Representative
Location: Alamos Mine, Matachewan, ON
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology (SMRT) is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry including rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Currently we have an opening for a Rock Tools Sales & Service Representative located in Matachewan, Ontario. The successful applicant will be responsible for the promotion, sales and technical support/testing of tool products offered to obtain maximum revenue, profitability and market share in an assigned territory. A key aspect of the responsibility is building long-term customer relationships through a detailed understanding of the customer’s business while promoting the range of Sandvik products to end users.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Developing sales opportunities for SMRT product lines within the defined territory.
- Assessing customers’ total potential with SMRT products. Performs opportunity analysis by customer and site.
- Acting as a key contact for account and liaises with appropriate personnel to communicate
- Providing input to Product Line Managers to address product offering.
- Developing a sales plan for designated territory.
- Maintaining accurate customer records as prescribed by the Company.
- Assisting as required in any physical inventory counts (especially any consignment stocks).
- Responsible for achievement budgeted revenue.
- Ensures Customer is in compliance with SMRT terms and conditions of sale.
- Builds long-term relationships with customer in assigned territory.
- Provides the company with regular status reports on business activities, opportunity development
- Stays current with industry developments, competitive offerings and issues affecting customers.
- Other duties as assigned
- College diploma or equivalent in relevant field
- 5 years (minimum) experience in Rock Tools servicing
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent customer relations and active listening skills
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for selling goods and services
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work flexible working hours
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits and ongoing development and training.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply online with their resume at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Rock Tools Sales and Service Representative , Job Requisition #R0018949. . We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.