Residential Child and Youth Worker
Contract • Timmins Region
Twelve (12) Month Full-time Contract Position in Timmins
(FW Schumacher Residence)
North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services is presently inviting applications for a Full-time Residential Worker to perform all direct work within its Residential Programs for children and youth. Duties include administering the therapeutic program, monitoring and taking part in activities, completing records, logs and inventories, performing building safety and security checks, providing counseling to residents.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS):
• Child and Youth Worker Diploma from a Community College; B.A. in Social Service field
• Previous experience working with children and youth
• Current First Aid and CPR Certificates
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Bilingualism (English/French) is required; however, in the event a qualified bilingual candidate is not found, a qualified unilingual candidate will be considered.
Both bilingual and unilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and use of your own vehicle
• Must provide government-issued evidence of receipt of 2nd Health Canada approved COVID vaccination dose at least fourteen (14) days prior to your start date, or evidence that you qualify for a human rights exemption.
The job description for this position is available upon request.
Please submit your resume by: December 10, 2021
Quote Competition # 21-72
Send Resume and Cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more employment opportunities please visit our website at www.neofacs.org
North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services only accepts resumes that are received by the email address above. We thank everyone for their interest in North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NEOFACS is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Working together for the well-being and safety of children, youth and families.