Full-Time • Temiskaming Shores Region
Are you a driven individual with a high attention to detail and a proactive attitude toward continuous improvement? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Reliability Technician in Englehart, ON. This position is a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity. We are very interested in learning more about you!
The Reliability Technician is an important part of the Reliability Team and plays an integral role in our proactive and preventive maintenance programs. The Reliability Technicians utilize good proactive communication between departments and are critical to a sustainable Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) program.
This position starts at $36.92 per hour. Georgia Pacific offers a generous benefits package including a quarterly bonus plan, medical/dental/vision, short-term disability, pension, and paid time off.
Reliability Technicians are required to obtain MLT-1 certification, Cat-1 Vibration Certification, and Level -1 Ultrasound certification within the first year of service.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Conduct vibration analysis, infrared thermography, ultrasound testing and participate with oil analysis as appropriate to monitor all plant equipment which will include fans, blowers, electrical motors, gearboxes, compressors, debarkers, stranders, and conveyors
- Perform Precision Maintenance on plant equipment that are misaligned, unbalanced, loose, or found not to be operating optimally
- Participate and support in implementing lubrication best practices for plant equipment by identifying operating conditions such as load, speed and environment with the proper lubricant, application frequency, the right amount and correct sealing arrangement to achieve the optimum equipment life
- Assist in developing solutions and making recommendations on plant maintenance with the help of analytical tools
- Utilize various computer systems to trend and analyze data, identify failure modes and equipment history to address repetitive failures
- Help to maintain a comprehensive plant maintenance database that will support the plant reliability improvement program
- Assist in applying value analysis to make maintenance decisions, i.e., repair/replace and repair/redesign
- Participate in the maintenance optimization process that determines frequency, indicators, and inspection methods for Planned/Predictive Maintenance
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations including wearing the necessary Personal Protection Equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using precision maintenance instruments (i.e. micrometer, dial indicator, laser alignment, etc.)
- Experience using a computer or tablet for documentation and/or record-keeping functions
- Mechanical Technologist College Diploma (3 years), or current standing and/or registration as a Certified Millwright, or other equivalent as determined by the company
HOW TO APPLY
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located in the FAQ section at the bottom of www.kochcareers.com webpage.
Interested applicants may apply at: https://www.gp.com/careers. Reference Job #33014. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.