Registered Respiratory Therapist
Part-Time • Timmins Region
POSITION SUMMARY:The Registered Respiratory Therapist is an Allied Health Specialist who works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to evaluate and treat chronic and acute cardio-respiratory disease.
- To work as a Registered Respiratory Therapist in the Cardiopulmonary Department.
- To provide diagnostic and therapeutic services consistent with discipline specific standards of practice while adhering to the hospital policies, procedures, guidelines and directives.
- Must hold a current General Certificate of Registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently while maintaining effective relationships with clients and all members of the health care team is required along with excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in the provision of quality cardio respiratory care.
- Willingness to adapt to new concepts, techniques and best practice.
- Must possess the verbal ability to communicate orally with patients, physicians and other medical personnel in order to give and receive information or instructions and to write clear and accurate reports.
- Must possess the numerical ability to make mathematical calculations quickly and accurately.
- Must be BCLS certified and physically able to perform CPR modalities to the standards of the Ontario Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- Willingness to work 8 and 12 hour shifts and weekend shifts as per the collective agreement to provide 24/7 coverage.
- Employment history which demonstrates regular attendance at work.
- Must possess the ability to provide effective services to clients/patients in both English and French. Individuals who do not meet the language requirements of this posting are invited to submit their résumé for future consideration.
Interested applicants must submit their résumé by Department of Human Resources, Timmins and District Hospital, 700 Ross Avenue East, Timmins, Ontario, P4N 8P2. Telephone (705) 267-6371; Fax (705) 360-6008; Attention: Kayla Kampman, email [email protected] .
Timmins and District Hospital will provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
TADH is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. TADH is dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the communities in which we live, serve, and encourage Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply and self‑identify.
We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WORKING TOGETHER WITH OUR PARTNERS TO IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF NORTHERNERS