Registered Nurse - Surgical Department
Full-Time • Timmins Region
POSITION SUMMARY:To provide patient care to surgical patients according to the Practice Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario and according to the policies and procedures of Timmins and District Hospital.
- Must be a graduate of a diploma or baccalaureate (BScN) nursing program and possess a current Certificate of Competence issued by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Must have the ability to perform independently, all skills published in the Standards of Nursing Practice, by the College of Nurses of Ontario and the learning ability to achieve and maintain organizational competencies.
- Must maintain privacy and confidentiality as per hospital policy.
- A minimum of one year of recent surgical nursing experience is preferred.
- Must possess recent experience in the care of patients with conditions related to urology, gynecology, respiratory, orthopedic surgery and general surgery, including care of chest tubes.
- Must possess and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support.
- Must demonstrate current performance and competency in skills associated with surgical nursing and adherence to Infection Control practices.
- Must demonstrate performance and current competency in IV therapy, care of central line devices and pain management.
- Must be able to work effectively and collaboratively as a team member.
- Must be proficient in written and electronic documentation.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds to present information effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be in good health in order to attend work regularly and have strength and ability to provide complete surgical nursing care including the lifting and transferring of dependent patients.
- Must be organized and able to perform adequately under stress when confronted with unexpected and/or critical situations.
- Employment history must demonstrate regular attendance at work.
- Must possess the ability to provide effective services to clients/patients in both English and French. Individuals who do not meet the language requirements of this posting are invited to submit their résumé for future consideration.
Interested applicants must submit their résumé by Department of Human Resources, Timmins and District Hospital, 700 Ross Avenue East, Timmins, Ontario, P4N 8P2. Telephone (705) 267-6371; Fax (705) 360-6008; Attention: Kayla Kampman, email email@example.com .
Timmins and District Hospital will provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
TADH is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. TADH is dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the communities in which we live, serve, and encourage Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply and self‑identify.
We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WORKING TOGETHER WITH OUR PARTNERS TO IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF NORTHERNERS