Registered Nurse - Integrated Maternal Child Program/Pediatrics
Part-Time • Timmins Region
To assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care according to the standards of nursing practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario and according to the policies and procedures of Timmins and District Hospital.
- Must be a graduate of a diploma or baccalaureate (BScN) nursing program and possess a current Certificate of Competence issued by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Must be able to understand and apply the nursing principles and techniques associated with maternal/child and gynecology, infection control practices and organizational policies and procedures.
- Current ability to function independently as an RN in three or more areas of the Integrated Maternal Child Program –(Postpartum/Antepartum/Gyne plus Labour and Delivery, NICU and/or Paediatrics)
- Minimum of 1 year OBS/Nursery/Gyne experience is required or transferable skills.
- Current and ongoing certification and performance in the following:
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Fetal Health Surveillance
- Emergency Vaginal Obstetrical Delivery/Vaginal Examination
- IV Therapy (Adult/Neonatal)
- Epidural & PCA for Acute Pain Management
- BFI 20 hour course or equivalent
- ACoRN considered an asset
- STABLE considered an asset
- Must possess the knowledge and ability to provide culturally competent care to mother-baby/dyad, with a focus on family-centered care and input from patients and their families.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate clinical leadership and excellent critical thinking ability.
- Must be well organized and able to deal effectively with the stress of a very busy department.
- Must be able to work effectively and collaboratively as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Good health sufficient to provide complete patient care including lifting and transferring of dependent patients.
- Employment history must demonstrate regular attendance at work.
- Bilingualism (French and English) would be considered an asset.
Interested applicants must submit their résumé by Department of Human Resources, Timmins and District Hospital, 700 Ross Avenue East, Timmins, Ontario, P4N 8P2. Telephone (705) 267-6371; Fax (705) 360-6008; Attention: Kayla Kampman, email [email protected] .
Timmins and District Hospital will provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
TADH is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. TADH is dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the communities in which we live, serve, and encourage Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply and self‑identify.
We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WORKING TOGETHER WITH OUR PARTNERS TO IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF NORTHERNERS