Regional Crisis Worker Trainer
Full-Time • James Bay Coast Region
POSITION: Regional Crisis Worker Trainer
COMPETITION #: 2021-040
LOCATION: Moose Factory
CLOSING DATE: July 7, 2022
The Regional Crisis Worker/Trainer (RCWT) shall work under the supervision of the Mental Health and Wellness Manager and shall be responsible to assist in the delivery of training, workshops, presentations, and lend support to the Mental Wellness Team. It is the responsibility of the Regional Crisis Worker/Trainer to ensure the Mental Wellness Team is developed with the necessary skills and knowledge enabling them to provide service to individuals, families and communities experiencing incident related trauma with the primary focus on suicide and family violence. This position also requires case management, debriefing, as well as assisting communities to develop and implement coordination of initiatives between local services. The crisis worker/trainer will be a vital link between the Mental Wellness Team, Mushkegowuk communities and other internal/external service providers.
• Post secondary education in Health or Social Sciences or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience
• Experience working with Mushkegowuk communities
• Ability to work independently or in a team setting
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills
• Direct experience in assessing, creating, and delivering training needs
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, familiar with PHIPA (Personal Health Information Protection Act) and other applicable legislation
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Ability to speak Cree is considered an asset
• Must provide a recent CPIC which includes the Vulnerable Sector Screening
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Internet.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Mushkegowuk Council offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a cohesive work environment and opportunities for development.
Health and Dental Benefits
Employee and Family Assistance Program
Matched Pension Contributions
Generous Vacation and Leave Entitlements
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the Council will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES with their phone numbers and e-mails, quoting Competition# 2021-040 no later than 4:00 PM on July 07,2022 to:
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 370
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Resumes can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 705-658-2293
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable legislation.