Process Plant Maintenance Scaffolder
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
Location: Detour Lake Mine
Rotation: 14 days in, followed by 14 days off
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Detour Lake Mine site, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Process Plant Maintenance Scaffolder to join our Process Plant Maintenance team reporting to the Process Plant Mechanical Supervisor.
Detour Lake is the second largest gold producing mine in Canada with the largest gold reserves and substantial growth potential. The open pit mine is located in northeastern Ontario, approximately 300 kilometres northeast of Timmins and 185 kilometres by road northeast of Cochrane, within the northernmost Abitibi Greenstone Belt.The mine is situated in the area of the historic Detour Lake open pit/underground mine operated by Placer Dome which produced 1.8 million ounces of gold from 1983 to 1999. The Detour Lake operation has a mine life of approximately 22 years with an average gold production of 659,000 ounces per year.
The Process Plant Maintenance Scaffolder will be responsible for the design, erection, maintenance, inspection and dismantling of scaffold in the process plant, mobile maintenance and infrastructure areas of the Detour Lake Mine.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work as part of the process plant maintenance team under the direct supervision of the Process Plant Mechanical Supervisor;
- Follow safe work procedures and erection methods for Tube and Clamp scaffolds;
- Perform regular task hazard analysis to ensure work is performed in the safest possible manner and all company safety policies and regulations are followed;
- Regularly inspect and properly tag all erected scaffolding as needed to ensure it remains in safe working condition;
- Dismantle, organize and safely store all scaffolding components which are not in use;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by ensuring all tools and materials are stored neatly and put away each day.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED;
- Certificate of Qualification as a Carpenter in accordance with the regulations enforced in the Province of Ontario is an asset;
- Previous training and certification in the erection, maintenance and inspection of tube and clamp style scaffolding is required;
- Minimum five years’ experience working in an industrial/ mining process plant environment;
- Strong literacy with the ability to interpret sketches and drawings;
- Good communication and basic computer skills are a must;
- Previous experience working as a millwright or millwright helper (or trade certification) is an asset.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Travel Allowance
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Please go to www.kl.gold under the “Careers” section, build a new profile and submit your resume directly onto our website.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of applicants; personal information provided will be used for recruitment and/or employment purposes only.
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.