Post Office Assistant - Canada Post, Elk Lake, ON
Casual / Temporary • Temiskaming Shores Region
Job Requisition Id: 155137
Business Function: Retail
Employment Type: On Call
Employment Status: Term
Language Requirement: Bilingual Imperative (--BB)
Employee Class and Level: RVSGD11 - Level 1
If you have ambition, talent and drive, consider a fast-moving career with Canada Post. We are currently seeking an on-call Post Office Assistant who will use a customer-focused approach when providing counter services to customers.
Note: The ideal candidate should reside in the community. Applicants outside the community in which the Post Office is located may be considered as needed.
- Sell postal products and service to the business community and public
- Sort, distribute and process mail into appropriate classifications
- Provide customers with information and forms
- Address delivery and service difficulties to resolve problems thoroughly and quickly
- Job Responsibilities (continued)
- High school or provincial equivalency and/or experience in business administration
- Training and/or experience interacting with the public in a retail and/or service environment, including sales and cash transactions
- Understanding of general or post office accounting systems.
- Physically fit to lift mail containers of up to 50 lb, push or pull boxes, sort mail and stand for extended periods of time
- Flexibility to be available for temporary, on-call work
- Other Information
CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE:
- A character reference letter
Note: The ideal candidate should reside in the community. Applicants within a 50 km radius of the Post Office may be considered as needed.
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post will represent Canada’s diversity and provide a safe and welcoming workplace that embraces and celebrates our differences.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Applicants who identify as Indigenous shall be given priority in the candidate selection process.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
Canada Post is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
- Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
- Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
- Execution – A focused and self-motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
- Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
We value diversity as an essential part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future. We believe that attracting, developing, and retaining people who reflect the diversity of Canada is essential to our success because this matters to all communities and customers we serve.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.