Peer Support Navigator
Part-Time • Timmins Region
The Canadian Mental Health Association – Cochrane Timiskaming Branch is currently recruiting a Peer Support
Navigator for its Timmins office. In keeping with CMHA Cochrane Timiskaming Branch’s Mission, Vision, and Values, the
Peer Support Navigator (PSN) is an individual with mental health or addictions experience and has navigated the
supports and services available in hospital and community settings. Accessing services within the mental health and
addiction system can be overwhelming and challenging. Opportunities to talk and connect with someone who has been
in similar circumstances creates a sense of belonging and understanding for those who may feel they are alone in their
1. Lived experience with mental health and/or addictions issues and demonstrated experience supporting others who live with the same concerns;
2. Social Service Worker diploma or Mental Health & Addiction Worker diploma or relevant post-secondary education is preferred;
3. OPDI (Peer Support Core Essential Training certificate) or approved alternative (or commitment to obtain subsequent to hire);
4. ASSIST, NVCI, WRAP (or commitment to obtain subsequent to hire);
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
6. Ability to develop trusting relationships with others and maintain professional boundaries;
7. Advocacy and conflict resolution skills;
8. Understanding of the Mental Health Act, Personal Health Information Privacy Act (PHIPA);
9. Knowledge of and experience relying on community resources that support those with mental health and addictions issues;
10. The ability to provide services according to a work schedule determined by the employer and according to the needs of the individuals served.
French Language Service Designation: Bilingualism, English and French, is required. In accordance with our designation under the French-Language Services Act, if no bilingual candidates (both internal and external) meet the qualifications of the position, English speaking candidates may be considered.
For a complete job description, please contact Human Resources by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a permanent part-time unionized position, located in Timmins. We offer a comprehensive compensation program and the opportunity to work alongside a team of energetic and spirited employees who are committed to improving the lives of those who rely on us for support.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume focused on personal achievements relevant to the position to: email@example.com
CMHA-CT has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires covered individuals to take part in COVID-19 vaccination programs recommended by Public Health; unless they are approved for a human rights accommodation from CMHA-CT. Compliance with this policy is mandatory for this position.
For more about the Canadian Mental Health Association – Cochrane Timiskaming Branch and the important work we do, visit us at www.cmhact.ca. Please advise Human Resources if you will require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code or the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to properly participate. We would be pleased to assist you. We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. We will contact those candidates who are invited to participate in an interview