Part Time Paramedic
Part-Time • Timmins Region
· Provide Primary Patient Care while ensuring the safe and timely land transportation of ill or injured persons and passengers to, from and between medical treatment facilities, residences and other locations.
· Provide Primary Patient Care and controlled acts under the direction of the Base Hospital Medical Director, and in accordance with the Patient Care Standards and procedures set out by the Ministry of Health, legislation, regulations and CQI Program.
· Drive emergency vehicles in all weather conditions, in a safe and secure manner, in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and the Cochrane District EMS Policy and Procedures Manual.
· Maintain contact and comply with direction from Central Ambulance Communications Centre (CACC) at all times regarding the vehicle movement, vehicle status, vehicle availability, vehicle location, call assignments and the transportation of patients to medical facilities or required destinations.
· Complete and distribute, in a timely fashion, all required patient and administrative documentation as specified in the Ambulance Act, Regulations, Standards, Departmental and Base Hospital Policies and Procedures, including Ambulance Call Reports, Incident Reports and Vehicle Accident Reports.
· Perform other related duties as may be required and/or directed.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
· Qualification for employment as a Paramedic Level 1 in accordance with the Ambulance Act and other applicable legislation; and
· Certification as a Paramedic Level 1 by the Timmins and District Hospital Base Hospital Program Medical Director.
· Bilingualism in accordance with the French Language Services policy
· Criminal Record Search.
Submit your resume to Sue Chenier. Human Resources, Cochrane District Social Services Administration Board, 500 Algonquin Blvd. E. Timmins, Ontario P4N 1B7 telephone (705) 266-1201, fax (705) 268-8290 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of February 22, 2019.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act S.O. 2001, as amended, and will be used for the sole purpose of selecting a candidate.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER