Office Administrator/ Crisis Intervention
Part-Time • Timmins Region
Salary Range: $20,000 - $40,000
Timmins and District Victim Services is a community based, not-for-profit organization recognizing the importance to all victims, witnesses and their families that being treated with compassion, respect and having access to the services that they need, when they need it most, is vital. Our services are provided in ways that recognize each victim’s need for physical and emotional safety, as well as the ability to have choice and control on the decisions affecting their life.
Position: Office Administrator
Reports to: Executive Director
The Office Administrator is responsible for the coordination of reception, maintaining the office and supplies inventory, database and file management. This position also assists with the direct client services and with all administrative functions relating to the operations of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform general office administrative and reception duties.
· Respond to all inquiries made in person, by phone or email or redirect as required.
· Create and maintain an up-to-date electronic database of client contact information.
· Maintain an efficient and secure filing system including electronic for all client information.
· Draft up documents such as employment offers for employees.
· Attend and participate in employee team meetings and training sessions.
· Coordinate and schedule conference calls and on-site meetings.
· Take meeting minutes, as required.
· Assist with the creation of proposals, contracts and project check lists.
· Contribute to the organizational development of the company by identifying and bringing forth issues of concern and/or opportunities for improvement.
· Contribute to the development of the position and undertake other tasks as assigned from time to time.
· Work with clients from diverse backgrounds.
· Provide information/support/assistance to clients.
· Provide emotional support and crisis intervention.
· Maintain confidential client files.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· Post secondary or vocational college diploma.
· Minimum two years office administration experience.
Knowledge & Skills
· Knowledge of general office administration and reception duties.
· Proficient knowledge of computer software programs including MS Word and Excel.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Superior time management and organizational skills.
· Well developed interpersonal skills.
· Excellent communication skills and well developed problem-solving skills.
· Conflict resolution with ability to interact diplomatically, tactfully and confidentially.
· Well-developed organization and prioritization skills.
· Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and individually.
· Case management skills and ability to interpret and apply policies/procedures.
· The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements.
· A valid Ontario’s driver’s license, insurance and a reliable vehicle is required to fulfill the requirements of this position.
· Mentally and physically able to perform all tasks assigned, including lifting and carrying equipment.
· Successful completion of a detailed criminal background check.
· This position exposes the incumbent to vicarious trauma that results from empathetic engagement with recently traumatized clients.
· No phone calls please.
· Only eligible candidates will be contacted for an interview.
· Position is permanent part time 20 hours per week (additional hours possible until March 31, 2022)
· Application Opening Date: November 24, 2021
· Deadline to apply by December 3, 2021
· Successful application start date: December 13, 2021 or sooner
· Interested applicants: Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
*** All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. Prior to making an offer of employment to a candidate, references will be verified and must be acceptable to Timmins & District Victim Services.
Timmins & District Victim Services values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Thank you for your interest in Timmins & District Victim Services.