Mining Environmental Technician
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Lake Shore Gold is located in Timmins, Ontario.
The Timmins West mine is located approximately 18 kilometres west of Timmins, Ontario, one of the world’s most prolific gold camps. Mineralization is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt. The Timmins West mine is comprised of the Timmins deposit, the Thunder Creek deposit, and the 144 Gap deposit. All three deposits are interconnected by underground drifts.
We are currently recruiting for: Mining Environmental Technician
Salary & Benefits
- Medical and Prescription
- Pension/RSP plan
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Wages
- Eligible for Mine/Mill Performance Plan Incentives
In this role, you will be responsible for a range of duties including environmental monitoring, compliance monitoring, assisting in the development and implementation of the environmental management system. This role requires you to demonstrate safety and environmental awareness by following all government and corporate regulations and policies.
Location Timmins West Mine, Timmins, Ontario.
Schedule – Monday – Friday – 8 hour days
Reporting to the Site Environmental Coordinator, the Environmental Technician will have the following responsibilities:
· Environmental and compliance monitoring including, but not limited to, water quality and hydrology monitoring, groundwater monitoring, reclamation monitoring, site inspections (mine surface operations), regulatory requirements, etc.
· Management of all monitoring data including, but not limited to, data entry, database management, quality assurance, review and analysis.
· Reporting to their supervisor, all abnormalities, regulatory non-compliance issues (actual or potential) and/or deviations from applicable LSG regulation and policy, stemming from the collection and management of environmental monitoring data.
· Perform maintenance and calibration of environmental monitoring equipment.
· Assist in the preparation of regulatory, stakeholder and internal reports.
· Assist in the development and implementation of the Environmental Management System including developing processes and procedural documents aligned with environmental and compliance monitoring.
· Support site operations by planning and delivering environmental training for all staff and contractors on site.
· Support department and site management dealing with non-compliance issues, general non-conformances, spills, etc.
· Remain current with legislation as it relates to environmental management.
· Participate in all required Health and Safety programs and demonstrates commitment to the continued improvement of Occupational Health and Safety performance
· Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time
• University graduate of Environmental Sciences or related degree preferred College degree with applicable experience will be considered
• Working knowledge of applicable federal and provincial legislation
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills
• Valid Class G License and insurable
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Familiar with Recreational Vehicles, including boats, motors, and RTV’s
• Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Lake Shore Gold
P.O. Box 1067
We thank all candidates for their interest in Lake Shore Gold; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements.