Full-Time • Cochrane Region
The Industrial Mechanic Millwright is responsible for performing corrective and preventative maintenance on industrial equipment in an engineered plywood production environment. Must be available to work shifts and non-scheduled overtime for major breakdowns (after hours and weekends).
· Perform repairs, troubleshooting and maintenance of machine shop industrial machinery and related equipment to our industry;
· Perform preventative maintenance on machinery, equipment and facilities;
· Complete and maintain maintenance forms, records and log books of the equipment;
· Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems related to our equipment;
· Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures;
· Install, align, dismantle industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools;
· Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery;
· Fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach motors, and connect couplings and belts to precise tolerances;
· Repair or replace defective parts;
· Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts;
· Isolate and identify causes of malfunctions on production equipment;
· Keep maintenance shop area clean and organized;
· Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment problems to minimize down time and recommend solutions;
· Performs work in accordance with company policies, The Occupational Health and Safety Act and applicable environmental laws;
· Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Minimum Qualifications):
· Industrial Mechanic Millwright Red Seal Certification or equivalent experience 12 + years in similar industrial setting;
· Experience and proven ability to maintain and repair 4’ and 8’ Lathes;
· Experience in plywood industry preferred;
· Welding skills considered an asset;
· Must have excellent communication skills, attention to detail and a strong commitment to safety;
· Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
· Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties;
· Ability to occasionally lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds;
· Ability to walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time;
· Ability to sit bend, squat and/or stoop, reach, climb and/or crawl, including the use of stairs; ·
· Exposed to smoke, fumes or airborne particles;
· Exposed to outside weather conditions, including variations in temperature and precipitation;
· Works near or around high and low temperatures;
· Works near or around computer screens, photocopiers and florescent lighting.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform job functions. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only successful candidates will be contacted. The company is committed to an accessible recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.