Full-Time • Timmins Region
- Excellent opportunity to continue your career with an established industry leader
- Receive a competitive salary and a wide host of benefits
- Develop yourself professionally and contribute to a growing organization!
About the Organization
Lake Shore Gold, a subsidiary of Pan American Silver, is located in Timmins, Ontario. The Bell Creek Complex, located approximately 20 kilometers northeast of Timmins, Ontario, consists of an underground mine and processing facility.
The milling facility is a conventional free milling gold circuit consisting of crushing, SAG milling, leaching, CIL and CIP, stripping and refining. The mill currently processes up to 232 tonnes per hour from two separate mines and disposes of its tailings via conventional end of pipe discharge.
For more information, please visit our website.
About Timmins, Ontario
Timmins is a vibrant community of 45,000 residents that is a central hub for Northeastern Ontario. People can enjoy recreational activities such as camping, world-class fishing, nature, and snowmobile trails. Direct flights to Toronto are available at the local airport via multiple carriers. There are many support networks in the community including the local Timmins and District Hospital, local sports leagues for children and adults (hockey, baseball, basketball, etc.), golf courses, both cross-country and downhill ski resorts, a community pool, and many other community events that provide entertainment throughout the year - fairs, carnivals, concerts, and more!
About the Opportunity
We are looking to hire a Mill Operator to join our team at the Bell Creek Mill in Porcupine, ON., on a full-time basis. The schedule is 5-5-4, 12 hour shifts alternating days/nights.
Please note that this role requires relocation to the Timmins area and is not a camp-based position.
As the Operator of the Crushing Circuit, it is your responsibility to safely, effectively, and efficiently operate the circuit to produce -4” ore in sufficient quantity and quality to satisfy the Grinding Circuit requirements.
- Become familiar with regulations, policies, practices and procedures that apply to the crushing circuit. Safety is of prime consideration.
- Inspect the workplace for potential safety problems.
- Perform Rock Breaker (Remotely Operated), Crusher, Conveyor, Chute, Apron Feeder, Scalping Grizzly, Belt Magnets, Dust Collector and Sump Pump Inspections.
- Be familiar with all Crushing Start-up, Shutdown and Emergency Procedures.
- Communicate with cross shift in a courteous and professional manner.
- Operation of all equipment in the circuit and assist in the maintenance of the equipment.
- Monitor all aspects of the Crushing Circuit operation and make required adjustments.
- Troubleshoot the circuit equipment and report any defective or imminent failure to your supervisor.
- Fill out crane log book when used. Perform Pre-ops on all motorized equipment and vehicles.
- Be familiar with the Control Panel/Room and M.C.C. functions and inspections.
- Be familiar with and apply Lock Out & Confined Space Entry Procedures where and when required.
- Monitor conveyor tracking, condition of rollers idlers, belts, bearing temperatures, vibrations, noises smells, ETC.
- Complete operator's daily report and fill in logbook for the day’s operation.
More About You
While our ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications, we welcome applications who may not meet every criterion to apply.
- Basic Mill Common Core is an asset, any mill-specific training can be done on-site.
- Practice good housekeeping
- Be committed to safety
- Previous experience would be considered an asset
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada
As our ideal candidate, you are a motivated team player, and above all, you demonstrate compliance with all health and safety regulations.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication you can expect to receive a competitive hourly salary, as well as the following benefits:
- Mine Performance Plan Incentive (bonus)
- Company-paid extended medical, prescription, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness Spending Account
- Company-paid pension plan with 8% company contribution
- Basic life/accidental life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 80 hours of paid vacation
- Paid pregnancy and parental leave
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to take the next step toward your career goals with an industry leader - apply now!