Material Management Coordinator
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Position: Material Management Coordinator
Location: Matheson, Ontario (Black Fox Mine)
Job Category: Full Time – Permanent
Reporting to the Procurement Supervisor, the Material Management Coordinator will be responsible for supervise and direct warehouse personnel as well as manage inventory cycle counts, obsolescence reviews and hazardous materials handling. The Material Management Coordinator will also participate in the implementation of Dynamics ERP system.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinates and expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between sections or departments, according to production and shipping schedules or department priorities, and compiles and maintains manual or computerized records.
- Reviews production schedules and related information and confers with department supervisors to determine material requirements to identify overdue materials and to track material.
- Supervises McEwen Black Fox Complex warehouse personnel.
- Stores product by designating storage areas; adjusting storage areas according to production and shipping requirements; updating location database.
- Verifies product inventory reports by comparing logs and reports, adjusting entries.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records; maintaining databases.
- Monitors inventory by completing counts as required in accordance with Internal Controls for both Internal and External audit requirements.
- Perform quarterly cycle counts of inventories adjusting quantities as necessary, investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Cooperate with managers to identify slow moving items and remove from inventory as needed.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures to direct the operations of the warehouse(s).
- Continually assess inventory systems to identify issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Understand inventory levels and work with Procurement Supervisor and end users to help generate sufficient levels of inventory supplies.
- Ensures material handling in accordance with general McEwen – Black Fox Complex warehouse best practices.
Qualifications and Skills Requirement:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in inventory control and ERP systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, working under pressure and deadlines.
- Highly self-motivated and able to follow established procedures, meeting standards while working unsupervised.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Experience operating a forklift, hand truck, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with MS Dynamics is considered an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume or request more information at:
Human Resources, McEwen Mining
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McEwen Mining values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.