Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Maintenance Leader for our Oriented Strand Board (OSB) manufacturing site in Englehart, Ontario. The Maintenance Leader will lead and support reliability initiatives within the facility. This includes working with internal and external (OE suppliers and contractor maintenance crews) resources; designing and implementing long-term continuous improvement applications and systems to enhance the longevity of the site’s equipment
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leading and managing numerous reliability improvement initiatives and projects to achieve desired results.
- Interfacing with all levels of the organization, within the facility and groups outside the facility.
- Leading and supporting continuous improvement processes through decision making, employee involvement, systems and training.
- Meeting and exceeding objectives and metrics for safety, cost and productivity performance.
- Maintaining records associated with mechanical integrity.
- Leading development of skills and knowledge in the Maintenance Department.
- Understanding and utilize the MBM® Guiding Principles in all interactions with all Mill team members, GP team members, vendors, visitors, etc.
- Monitoring key reliability measures and establishing additional measures as needed.
- Leading/participating in the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process to identify and drive out long-term chronic problems and failures.
- Tracking RCA recommendations and ensuring they are completed.
- Coordinating handoffs to the Asset Reliability group.
- Working with Production and Reliability management members to develop and improve PM inspection routes and systems.
- Leading efforts to promote operator equipment ownership through operator essential care program.
- Actively participate in planning and executing outages for the facility
- Using Decision Making Framework process to advance beneficial projects for full funding.
- Providing leadership to direct and indirect staff to meet/exceed key operation targets and daily support to the operating area as needed.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Trades certificate or college diploma
- Experience within an industrial or manufacturing environment in Maintenance or Reliability leadership role
- Knowledge in Maintenance Reliability, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
- Experience with a CMMS (Computerize Maintenance Management System)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering
- Wood products experience
HOW TO APPLY
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located in the FAQ section at the bottom of www.kochcareers.com webpage.
Interested applicants may apply at: https://www.gp.com/careers. Reference Job #43155. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.