Learning and Technology Support Technologist (Comp. #19-77)
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
POSITION TITLE: Learning & Technology Support Technologist
STATUS: Full Time (35 hrs/wk)
CLASSIFICATION: Support, pay band F
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: $ 26.84/hr to $ 31.12/hr
CAMPUS: Kirkland Lake
STARTING SALARY: $ 26.84/hr
CLOSING DATE: November 14th, 2019
DIVISION: Technology & Learning Innovation
COMPETITION #: 19-77
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
DUTIES: Reporting to the Director Technology & Learning Innovation, the incumbent will;
· Provide College wide AV and IT support Monday to Thursday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and Fridays 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
· Install, manage and support the Microsoft operating system and college owned software on college owned desktops, and laptops.
· Support, maintain and troubleshoot printers, audio and video conferencing equipment, audio/visual equipment, telephone systems, wired and wireless network equipment and assist with the installation and support of the Colleges networked applications;
· Act as first line of response to IT problems at the Kirkland Lake campus and will supports the distance learning classrooms and environments by ensuring equipment is in good operating order for facilitators and users and through the use of the TMS/bridge conferencing system.
· Liaise with IT and other service providers, for the scheduling and support of video conferencing equipment including, but not limited to: demonstrating correct technique for the use of equipment to faculty, students and staff; monitoring of activity on the video server (bridge) for all sites; and acting as a point of reference for the faculty and the students off-site by providing audio/video coordination for courses delivered through alternate modes of delivery;
· Provide support resources and coordination support for special events and external communications insofar as the use of audio/video tools are required;
· Contribute to IT planning; and
· Provide introductory level support and training on key learning technologies, including, but not limited to LMS (Blackboard), Microsoft Office Suite, classroom engagement tools/software (Respondus, Socrative etc.) and other college-approved resources.
- Two-year diploma or equivalent in Computer Studies, Educational Technology, AV and Multimedia Broadcasting, or a related field of Information Technology
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of practical experience in a field related to educational technology, information technology, and/or web broadcasting/database support.
- Excellent analytic skills, and have the ability to plan, implement and perform information technology systems repairs, upgrades, or install new platforms in an enterprise information technology environment.
- Strong team player with an excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize competing interests
- Excellent customer service skills
Successful candidate may be required to provide a criminal reference check
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.