Laundry Aide Part Time
Part-Time • Timmins Region
LAUNDRY AIDE (Part time) – Extendicare Timmins
Applications are invited for the casual laundry aide positions to work at Extendicare Timmins, a 180 -bed facility, located in Timmins, Ontario
Reporting to the Support Services Manager, the Laundry Aide collects sorts, washers, dries and folds linens and personal clothing and delivers laundry and personal clothing, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· Collects/receives laundry and sorts according to type, condition and weight. Follows specific instructions for treatment of soiled linens. Separates loads according to classification.
· Washes and dries laundry following instructions for machine operations, designated washing and drying times, etc. Sorts personal clothing or puts aside for repairs or ironing, may iron and mend personal clothing. Folds laundry as required, sorts and delivers to appropriate units.
· Observes operation of machines and reports malfunctions to Supervisor. Assists in maintaining laundry facilities, equipment and supplies. Advises Supervisor of inventory levels of chemicals and linen shortages.
· Adheres to established department policies, procedures regarding quality assurance, fire safety, environment and infection control.
· Participates in facility meetings as assigned. Attends in-service education programs
· Frequent standing, walking, squatting, reaching and lifting of heavy soiled linens but in controlled amounts or with assistance.
· Basic understanding of washer and dryer operations and some knowledge of chemicals used in process preferred.
· Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
· Ability to read and write English and to follow instructions in English.
· Ability to do moderate to heavy lifting
CLOSING DATE: December 2nd 2021
Interested applicants may forward their resume to the attention of:
Support Services Manager
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.