Laboratory Technologist/Blanche River Health/Englehart, ON
Part-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Blanche River Health Offers:
- A competitive compensation package, on-site staff fitness centre, EAP program, ‘perks’ program
- Eligibility to enroll in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP). Click on the link provided for more information - https://hoopp.com/
- Negotiable relocation packages
- A commitment to professional and personal development including an Education Bursary program.
- A commitment to employee Wellness including work-life balance
- A commitment to a diverse, supportive and equitable workplace
- A commitment to a culture of safety and of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment
Requirements at the Englehart site:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day monitoring of Point of Care testing program across the Englehart site
- Validations of reagents and analyzers
- Quality Control Review and corrective action
- Liaise with departments and professionals performing point of care testing including but not limited to nursing and physicians
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and reporting on a QA program for all point of care testing at the Englehart site
- Operating maintaining and troubleshooting all equipment
- Training/retraining and competency assessment of staff
- Non-conformance reporting, root cause analysis, risk assessment
- Participate in the draft of new procedures and procedural updates as a Member of Timmins Cluster Laboratory Services Partnership POCT Document Review Team
- Current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologist of Ontario (CMLTO
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of Laboratory Technology.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of two (2) years of experience with point of care testing
- Knowledge of IQMH’s Laboratory Accreditation requirements and Accreditation Canada Standards, hospital policies, standards of practice, and relevant regulations and legislation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Meditech will be considered an asset
- Ability to communicate in English and French will be considered an asset
- Must be available for days, evenings, weekends and on-call rotation as required. Availability is essential.
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
- Other duties as assigned
- For more information regarding Blanche River Health please refer to the Blanche River Health website;
Kirkland Lake - For more information regarding the town of Kirkland Lake please click on the link provided
Englehart – For more information regarding the town of Englehart please click on the link provided
Please submit your resume by April 30, 2021 to Jessica Parkman, CHRP – Human Resources
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Blanche River Health is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.