Laboratory Technician/Blanche River Health/Kirkland Lake, ON
Part-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Blanche River Health Offers:
- A competitive compensation package, on-site staff fitness centre, EAP program, ‘perks’ program.
- Eligibility to enroll in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP). Click on the link provided for more information - https://hoopp.com/
- Negotiable relocation packages
- A commitment to professional and personal development including an Education Bursary program.
- A commitment to employee Wellness including work-life balance
- A commitment to a diverse, supportive and equitable workplace
- A commitment to a culture of safety and of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment
Reporting to the Manager, Diagnostic & Therapeutic Services, the successful candidate will fulfill the duties of Part-time Medical Laboratory Technician as per the provisions of the LIUNA Collective Agreement. This position is responsible for oversight of the Point of Care system under the direction of the Laboratory Technologist in addition to completing necessary Quality testing on equipment and reporting. This individual is also responsible for assisting nursing staff with Point of Care inquiries, training etc.
- Candidates must be a graduate of an accredited Laboratory Technician training program
- Must have current registration with the Medical Laboratory Professionals Association of Ontario (MLPAO) as a Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Must have Point of Care experience within a Hospital setting.
- Must have experience in working to the full scope of a Medical Laboratory Technician
- Must have knowledge of proficiency testing, preparing and running quality controls/standards on equipment
- Must have knowledge in identifying, documenting and reporting deficiencies that affect quality of testing
- Preference will be given to applicants with Medical Laboratory and Phlebotomy experience.
- Ability to speak English and French will be considered an asset
For more information regarding Blanche River Health please refer to the Blanche River Health website;
Kirkland Lake - For more information regarding the town of Kirkland Lake please click on the link provided
Englehart – For more information regarding the town of Englehart please click on the link provided
Please submit your resume by April 30, 2021 to Jessica Parkman, CHRP – Human Resources
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Blanche River Health is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.