Indigenous Program Support Worker
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Full Time Employment Opportunity - Beaverhouse First Nation
Following the Mission Statement of the Beaverhouse First Nation band office, we are seeking a dedicated and energetic individual who will work with a dynamic team to perform the following duties:
- Maintain a culturally safe, positive and enriching environment for families who attend programming in the office and out on the land. Program delivery will at times be located at our Land Based locations.
- Deliver culturally appropriate services through the Aboriginal Healthy Babies Healthy Children and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorder programs.
- Work as a team with other Program Support Staff to deliver workshops, information sessions, cultural teachings, events and other activities as mandated by the funders.
- Ensure accurate records are kept of all program activities; attendance records, sign in sheets, registration forms, privacy forms, incident reports.
- Complete all weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports required by the program.
- Participate in ongoing professional development to keep up to date with best practices and engage in reflective practice with volunteers. Must be able to attend training and/or workshop out of town as mandated by the programs.
- Maintain a confidential and positive rapport with coworkers, clients, families and other Indigenous agencies and/or other partnerships.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Social Service Worker Diploma or Minimum 2 years experience in related field.
- Experience with facilitation and coordination of group activities.
- Knowledge of Indigenous Culture and willingness to learn.
- Experience with Office 365, outlook, excel, word.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Highly motivated, reliable and committed.
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Crisis Intervention Training, Assist Training, Safe Talk Training, Peer Support Counselling
Upon acceptance of the position a Vulnerable Sector Check will be required.
Please submit cover letter and resume to the attention of the Hiring Committee no later than 12:00 noon on Friday November 15, 2019 at email@example.com or can be dropped off at 26 Station Road, North in Kirkland Lake.
We would like to thank those who have applied. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.