Full-Time • Timmins Region
The Helpdesk Technician is primarily responsible for the successful troubleshooting and resolution of client support requests. Operating as a team, the helpdesk addresses incoming client requests in order of urgency and impact. The role has an advanced troubleshooting ability and is highly knowledgeable in desktops, laptop, printers and imaging devices. New workstation deployment and profile transition are completed by the Helpdesk Technician. Client satisfaction and communication when working on technical challenges is the primary goal of the position. The Helpdesk Technician develops, maintains and leverages the internal process documentation system and is responsible for deploying solutions that adhere to company best practices.
Secondary responsibilities include monitoring the RMM suite as well as other reporting systems for alerts and addressing them accordingly. The Helpdesk Technician administers client servers and network solutions to deploy standard requests and changes as needed. Complex non-standard server or network related changes are escalated to a Systems Engineer. The role administers, monitors and maintains the disaster recovery platform with backup restore requests performed as required.
The Helpdesk Technician is often the first point of contact for many client support requests. It is critical that timely and professional communication be used when making that first impression. The Helpdesk Technician must always be mindful of their impact on a client’s time and work schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support in person, over the phone and via remote support apps.
- Respond to client requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Answer incoming calls to the Great White North main line and address client requests.
- Build and deploy new client desktops and laptops in-house and remotely.
- Transport equipment to/from company or client locations as required.
- Administer and maintain internal and client disaster recovery solutions, restore backups.
- Administer and maintain internal and client server and network related solutions.
- Work with third-party support for warranty or software related requests.
- Monitor the Remote Management & Monitoring (RMM) suite for alerts or alarms that require troubleshooting.
- Respond to after-hours mission critical requests from client stakeholders.
- Keep accurate track of time spent on company endeavors using the professional services automation platform.
- Work to refine and develop KPI’s for company and client measurement.
- Update and create documentation for internal policies and procedures.
- Any out of town travel as required; any other duties as assigned.
- A Great team to work and collaborate with
- Paid family health benefits package after 6 months
- One additional day of vacation for every year of service
- Performance-based bonus opportunities
- Flexible work schedule - because life happens!
- Company sponsored team events to celebrate our achievements throughout the year
- Experience supporting end-users, solving problems, documenting solutions and accounting for your time
- Experience with Windows Server and Desktop operating systems, Cloud services, Office applications, Networking, VoIP, Backups, Security software
- Great analytical, organizational and communication skill
- A love of not only going the extra mile to solve a problem and ensuring the overall experience for our clients was something they will remember
- The courage to jump out of your comfort zone and the confidence to ask for help when you need it
- A desire to continually learn new technologies
- Strong attention to detail
Extra GREAT (if you also have)
- Knowledge of the MSP (Managed Services Provider) industry or experience working in IT
- Experience working with Customer Relationship Management or Professional Services Automation software
- Previous experience working in a Helpdesk or IT support role
How to Apply?
Please do not email your job application.