Full-Time • Timmins Region
Salary Range: $40,000 - $60,000
The Helpdesk Technician is primarily responsible for the successful troubleshooting and resolution of client support requests. Operating as a team, the helpdesk addresses incoming client requests in order of urgency and impact. The role has an advanced troubleshooting ability and is highly knowledgeable in desktops, laptop, printers and imaging devices. New workstation deployment and profile transition are completed by the Helpdesk Technician. Client satisfaction and communication when working on technical challenges is the primary goal of the position. The Helpdesk Technician develops, maintains and leverages the internal process documentation system and is responsible for deploying solutions that adhere to company best practices.
Secondary responsibilities include monitoring the RMM suite as well as other reporting systems for alerts and addressing them accordingly. The Helpdesk Technician administers client servers and network solutions to deploy standard requests and changes as needed. The role administers, monitors and maintains the disaster recovery platform with backup restore requests performed as required.
The Helpdesk Technician is often the first point of contact for many client support requests. It is critical that timely
and professional communication be used when making that first impression. The Helpdesk Technician must always
be mindful of their impact on a client’s time and work schedule.
- Provide technical support in person, over the phone and via remote support apps.
- Respond to client requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Answer incoming calls to the Great White North main line and address client requests.
- Build and deploy new client desktops and laptops in-house, on-site and remotely.
- Administer and maintain the disaster recovery solution, restore backups.
- Administer and maintain the server and network related solutions.
- Work with third-party support for warranty or software related requests.
- Monitor the RMM suite for alerts or alarms that require troubleshooting.
- Work to refine and develop KPI’s for company and client measurement.
- Update and create documentation for internal policies and procedures.
- Any out of town travel as required; any other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Hands-on experience and a moderate level ability with the following solutions and concepts:
- Microsoft Office suites. (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Visio 2007 to 2016)
- Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems. (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)
- Microsoft Cloud Services. (Office 365, Exchange Online)
- Microsoft Windows Server suites. (SBS, Essentials, 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016)
- Microsoft Domain Topology, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy.
- Microsoft application suites and features. (Exchange, SQL, RDS, IIS, RRAS)
- LAN/WAN/DMZ/VPN networks, firewalls, network switches and access points.
Some experience with software and devices from the following vendors/manufacturers:
- ConnectWise; N-Able; Datto; IT Glue; Sangoma; Sophos; Open-Mesh; Ubiquiti or Lenovo/IBM.
Please visit the careers section of our website to start the application process: www.greatwhitenorth.com/careers
This posting will remain active and open until we find a candidate that is a right fit for our team.