Health Records Transcriptionist
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Position Summary: To transcribe dictated reports - Health Data Department
- To transcribe all dictation from medical and professional staff from the designated areas of the hospital.
- To verify the accuracy of transcribed reports.
- To distribute transcribed reports and copies to designated areas.
- To maintain privacy and confidentiality of all patient information in accordance with hospital policy and Personal Health Information Protection Act.
- To participate actively in the hospital and department in-service education programs.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental and all other hospital staff.
- To perform other duties as required.
- Must be willing to relocate to Timmins.
- Must be a graduate of a Medical Transcription diploma (CanScribe Diploma) and possess proficiency in medical terminology.
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience transcribing in an acute care environment.
- Must possess strong accurate typing and transcription skills.
- Must have knowledge of computers, especially transcription program (MRI and ITS Modules) and DVI dictation software.
- Must have typing speed of 75 wpm.
- Must have the ability to transcribe a minimum of 100-120 dictated minutes per day.
- Must possess the verbal ability to understand the meaning and relationships of words and ideas associated with them to ensure proper use of grammar, correct spelling and knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must have the physical ability to work while sitting most of the working day and be able to bend, reach, lift and crouch while using departmental files.
- Ability to understand diverse accents and dialects and varying dictation styles.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team player.
- Must be flexible with shifts.
- Employment history which demonstrates regular attendance at work.
- Bilingualism (French and English) would be considered an asset.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Interested applicants must submit their résumé by Department of Human Resources, Timmins and District Hospital, 700 Ross Avenue East, Timmins, Ontario, P4N 8P2. Telephone (705) 267-6371; Fax (705) 360-6008; Attention: Kayla Kampman, email [email protected] .
Timmins and District Hospital will provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
TADH is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. TADH is dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the communities in which we live, serve, and encourage Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply and self‑identify.
We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WORKING TOGETHER WITH OUR PARTNERS TO IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF NORTHERNERS