Health Records Data Analyst
Full-Time • Timmins Region
As a Health Records Data Analyst, you will report to the Manager of Health Records. The incumbent will be responsible for performing a variety of technical health information functions related to various databases within coding services. The Health Records Data Analyst is the liaison between the providers and the HIM professionals, ensuring data quality concerns are appropriately addressed as it relates to collection and optimization of clinical documentation. The Health Records Data Analyst will assist in the optimization of medical coding processes and post-coding audits that identify potential problems in clinical documentation and coding that directly affect funding.
- Analyze, interpret, consult, present, and make recommendations on information to support strategic evidence-based decision-making. Collect and organize data from various information systems and integrate data into useful formats.
- Develop, monitor, and manage quality assurance processes on datasets to ensure data integrity of coded charts.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports to assist with day-to-day business use, corporate priorities, projects, data quality, and validation purposes.
- Recognize datasets from different sources, and create ways to integrate information to find underlying trends and opportunities.
- Provide on-going education to all levels of staff on various topics, including the importance of data quality.
- Participate in education and training specific to current, relevant CIHI standards and guidelines.
- Represent the department or program on various committees and in meetings as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Possess a university degree or college diploma in Health Information Management
- Current registration with Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA)
- Minimum 5 years acute care Inpatient (DAD) coding experience in a hospital setting
- Knowledge of Canada’s Health Care System with thorough understanding of CIHI’s case mix grouping (CMG+) and Resource Intensity Weight (RIW) along with Ontario funding reform, HBAM Inpatient Grouper and HBAM Inpatient Weight (HIG)
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of MIS guidelines
- Experience working with WinRecs Med2020 abstracting system and Meditech
- Working knowledge of the Data Quality Assist by 3Terra
- Excellent skills and in depth knowledge of DAD and NACRS coding to perform chart audits for QA analysis
- Must be proficient in scripting reports through Crystal report writer for data quality and reporting purposes
- Responsible for pro-active and retrospective audits on coded data to ensure alignment with ICD-10/CCI standards and accuracy
- Responsible for initiating analyses related to the quality of clinical documentation and the accuracy of its subsequent collection to ensure data quality standards
- The Data Analyst must have knowledge of providing data submission and correction files to CIHI
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Windows, Excel and Word)
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and develop and maintain respectful interpersonal relations
- Demonstrates excellent work performance, attention to detail, and attendance record
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, as well as team work skills
- Bilingualism (French and English) would be considered an asset
Interested applicants must submit their résumé by Department of Human Resources, Timmins and District Hospital, 700 Ross Avenue East, Timmins, Ontario, P4N 8P2. Telephone (705) 267-6371; Fax (705) 360-6008; Attention: Kayla Kampman, email [email protected] .
Timmins and District Hospital will provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our workenvironment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building aworkforce reflective of the communities in which we live and serve and encourage Indigenous people, visibleminorities, and persons with disabilities to apply and self‑identify.
We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WORKING TOGETHER WITH OUR PARTNERS TO IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF NORTHERNERS