Health Policy Advisor
Full-Time • Timmins Region
POSITION: Health Policy Advisor
COMPETITION #: 2023-001
LOCATION: Moose Factory/Timmins
CLOSING DATE: February 03, 2023 at 4:00pm EST
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Health Policy Advisor will provide political strategic and technical support in the areas of strategic health policy planning and health governance to the Council of Chiefs. The Health Policy Advisor will provide technical assistance to strengthen the transparent use of the collective health resources in the region and to enable citizen engagement in planning and monitoring to produce results in improved health care at the regional and local authority levels. The Health Policy Advisor will research, review, analyze and disseminate information as well as prepare documents, briefing notes, presentations and communiques as required.
- University degree in Health/Public Administration, Political Sciences or similar
- A minimum of 5 years advanced experience as a senior policy advisor/strategist or senior management or an equivalent combination of education and significant policy and strategic development and analysis work experience
- Extensive knowledge of the spectrum of health issues, health systems & governance and in particular, the unique needs and services within the Mushkegowuk region
- Demonstrated expertise level of analytical, research and presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language
- Strong interpersonal skills with abilities to adapt to changing environments, work priorities and organizational needs
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with First Nation communities, colleagues, health organizations, federal & provincial governments, and other relevant organizations
- Initiative and ability to function independently and collaboratively with Mushkegowuk programs
- Must be willing to travel, and must possess a valid class G license
- Fluency in the Cree language is an asset
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Mushkegowuk Council offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a cohesive work environment and opportunities for development.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Matched Pension Contributions
- Generous Vacation and Leave Entitlements
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the Council will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES with their phone numbers and e-mails, quoting Competition# 2023-001 no later than 4:00 PM on February 03, 2023 to:
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 370
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Resumes can be emailed to: email@example.com or faxed to 705-658-2293
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable legislation.