Health and Safety Coordinator
Full-Time • Timmins Region
HEALTH AND SAFETY COORDINATOR:
The Health and Safety Coordinator assists with the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the Health and Safety program at JTR. The Health and Safety Coordinator works collaboratively with all departments to minimize risk and ensure the health and safety of all employees.
Are you passionate about Health and Safety . We are hiring a Health and Safety Coordinator to join our team ……
Job Description :
- Assist with the development and review of health and safety rules, policies, and procedures in accordance with site, company and government regulation and legislation.
- Develop and support the implementation of Health and Safety Management tools and programs (Job Hazard Analysis, Job Task Observation, Incident investigations etc.)
- Facilitate and participate in incident/accident investigations and risk assessments.
- Develop and promote the adoption of new safety training programs and practices.
- Maintain and report health and safety data.
- Participate in safety interactions with employees including safety inspections and audits.
- Conduct field inspections to ensure that our team members are healthy and safe, and that health and safety requirements and governmental legislation is being followed.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that all policies and procedures take health and safety into account.
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement.
- Continually seek to improve your skills as a Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Work collaboratively to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- WSIB and return to work program.
- Assist with all health and safety training to ensure system wide compliance with legislation and regulations including the maintenance of appropriate training records.
- Assist and track all required safety training and orientations for staff as determined by Joelle’s Technical Resources and Custom Works Inc and legislation in the database.
- Assist with the health safety orientations for new employees and ensure all documents are completed and signed.
JHSC and Inspections
- Support the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) by assisting in agenda preparation, recording meeting minutes, and distributing them.
- Assist in addressing health and safety concerns by participating in inspections, investigations, audits, tests, and risk assessments, and providing suggestions for corrective actions to minimize or eliminate hazards.
- Promote health and safety awareness via organizing presentations, activities, and employee event.
- College diploma in Occupational Health & Safety, Occupational Hygiene, or related discipline.
- 3+ years' experience in implementing health, safety, and wellness initiatives in a Mining Industry .
- Thorough working knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.
- Team oriented with proven capability to foster the desired organizational culture and outcomes through a consultative, collaborative approach.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills combined with a customer service orientation.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills with the ability to listen intently and inquire into situations.
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills to examine specialized and broad problems and develop solutions and/or to address confidential and sensitive issues.
- Integrity and discretion necessary to safeguard confidential information.
- Valid G Class Driver’s License. Willingness to travel to different location.
- Experience in mining an asset.
- Excellent English, written and oral communications.
- High level of computer literacy in MS Windows and MS Office applications: Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work within Health & Safety Software systems.
If you are passionate about creating a safe and healthy workplace and possess the qualifications and skills needed for this role please send your resume to [email protected] with Health and Safety Coordinator Application in the subject line.