Fire Assay Technician
Contract • Timmins Region
Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo? If you want to make a difference and love being surrounded by the best and the brightest, Bureau Veritas might be the place for you!
Imagine being surrounded by the brightest minds in the industry.
Bureau Veritas is looking for a
Fire Assay Technician
This position performs basic duties related to the preparation for analysis of geological samples by fire assay by fusion.
This is a fulltime 6 month contract position with the possibility of extension.
Starting wage is $20.51 / hr.
Shifts can vary from days, evenings and night shifts. Candidates must be available to work any shift.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Load, pour and pound a fusion accurately, and to oversee another employee’s load and pour
- Set up a crucible set for mixing, including discarding all crucibles that should be discarded
- Challenging yourself to meet quick turnaround commitments
- Operate fusion equipment, ensure all required calibration records are maintained and notify Shift Lead‐Hand or Supervisor when equipment maintenance is necessary
- Comply with all Occupational Safety Regulations, laboratory safety procedures and requirements of applicable Quality System Instructions
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
Skill, Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Chemistry/Geology/Mining an asset
- Must be able to work flexible hours (afternoon, night or weekend shifts)
- Experience working in Fire Assay an asset but on-the-job training will be provided
- Able to handle heavy loads up to 50lbs
- Able to stand for a full shift and work in hot and dusty environment
- Fluent English communication skill (verbal and written)
- Strong focus on work ethics and workplace safety
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team
Bureau Veritas is a world leader in testing, inspection and certification services.
When we look at Bureau Veritas, we want to see a reflection of the communities in which we work. Inclusion is about actively involving every employee’s ideas, knowledge, perspectives, approaches and styles to maximize business success. Inclusion is about attracting new talent who will bring more diversity to our workforce, with differences in culture, professional backgrounds and beliefs.
Our purpose: shaping a world of trust.
Guaranteeing quality, ensuring Health and Safety, mitigating risks and improving performance as well as environmental protection and social responsibility … This is what Bureau Veritas is about, truly believing that it contributes to bettering society.
Blending performance & integrity, with ambition & humility, responsibility & openness, we are proud that our people leave a mark on what they do.
We respect our people and believe in our talents.
We empower them to leave their mark, working as a team for the benefit of our 400,000 clients across 140 countries.
We believe that leaving a mark is a true challenge and opportunity for every one of us, a sign of trust and impact, a bond with the future, a proof of growth and development.
Being part of the BV family, is more than just working, it’s being convinced that you will Leave your mark…. in shaping a world of trust.
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Shaping a World of Trust