Full-Time • Timmins Region
The Timmins Family Counselling Centre (TFCC) is a non-profit community-based family service agency fostering healthy communities by providing a wide range of high-quality therapeutic mental health, trauma and wellness services to individuals, couples, families and workplaces in our community.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for the full operation of the Centre, as authorized by the Board of Directors and in compliance with individual Ministry and employee assistance contractual obligations. In addition, the Executive Director must provide clinical supervision and is accountable for the administration of the program(s) within the approved budget and monitoring of program activities, dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of professionals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Development of an annual budget that aligns with funding agreements
· Completion of quarterly and annual statistical and financial reporting
· Plan and attend meetings of the Board of Directors, in compliance with by- laws
· Participation in community committees and planning tables, as per Ministry contract requirements
· Planning of quarterly review of the targets or goals for programs
· Responsible for implementing and monitoring the program activities
· Ensures that agency policy, Ministry and other professional and legal requirements pertaining to client services in the program are adhered to at all times
Human Resources Management
· Provides supervision for clerical and administrative staff as well as regular, formal supervision for front-line clinical staff, in accordance with agency personnel policy, best management practices/best agency practices and the collective agreement
· Completes an annual performance appraisal with clinical, clerical and administrative staff
· Participates in the collective bargaining process
· Monitors high risk cases, potential or actual serious occurrences or vulnerable client issues and informs the Board of any matters requiring reporting
· Informs the Board of serious or potential serious occurrences and ensures that the appropriate documentation is collected for Ministry submission and review by the Board
· Maintains up to date knowledge of the areas of clinical expertise needed within the program to facilitate quality supervision and staff training
· Minimum of a Master of Arts in Psychology, Social Work, Counselling or equivalent with a minimum of three years related experience in progressively responsible administration of human service organizations, including human resources and finance
· Minimum of five (5) years experience of direct clinical practice
· Must be registered and in good standing with the College of Psychologists of Ontario, The College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, or the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (as a Social Worker);
· Strong clinical and therapeutic skills in the areas of mental health, trauma, domestic/family violence and sexual abuse/assault;
· Demonstrated competence in staff management and supervision
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills;
· Bilingualism is essential; must be able to demonstrate proficiency in both official languages (French/English)
· A valid driver’s license, with access to a reliable vehicle is required
· A Vulnerable Sector Police Check in good standing is required every three (3) years.
Please submit cover letter and resume by:
information about the Timmins Family Counselling Centre and our programs and
services, please visit our website at www.timminsfamilycounselling.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.