Engineer in Training (EIT)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
About the Organization
Lake Shore Gold, a subsidiary of Pan American Silver, is located in Timmins, Ontario. The Bell Creek Complex, located approximately 20 kilometers northeast of Timmins, Ontario, consists of an underground mine and processing facility. Mineralization is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt, with ore mined by narrow vein longhole stoping methods. Ore is then transported to surface via a modern one thousand eighty metre deep shaft capable of forty-eight hundred tonnes per day.
About Timmins, Ontario
Timmins is a vibrant community of 45,000 residents that is a central hub for Northeastern Ontario. People can enjoy recreational activities such as camping, world class fishing, nature, and snowmobile trails. Direct flights to Toronto are available at the local airport via multiple carriers. There are many support networks in the community including the local Timmins and District Hospital, local sports leagues for children and adults (hockey, baseball, basketball, etc.), golf courses, both cross country and downhill ski resorts, a community pool, and many other community events that provide entertainment throughout the year - fairs, carnivals, concerts, and more!
About the Opportunity
We are looking to hire an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) to join our team at the Bell Creek Mine in Porcupine, ON., on a full-time basis.
Please note that this role requires relocation to the Timmins area and is not a camp-based position. The work schedule is either Monday-Friday, 8 hours a day, or 4 days on/3 days off, 10-hour shifts.
In this role, you will join the Engineering Department and will follow a rotation through various engineering functions (on surface and underground) that may include survey, ventilation, longhole planning, short term planning, ground control, and scheduling, as well as some production roles.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer or designate, the EIT will have the following responsibilities:
• Underground survey functions
• Data Management
• Assist with month end production reconciliations.
• Review overall mine ventilation system and ensure compliance with regulations and standards.
• Assist with industrial hygiene deliverables such as silica and DPM sampling.
• Assist with ground control inspections, review ground monitoring equipment and instrumentation options to help ensure the mine is operating with safe standards as well as other ground control functions.
• Generate drill and blast layouts and review drilling precision and stope performances to improve longhole designs.
• Assist in preparing driving layouts for lateral and vertical development.
• Coordinator with mine operations and technical services to generate effective short term production schedules in line with long term plan and budget.
• Work collaboratively with operations, geology and engineering departments and assist these areas to achieve production related goals.
More About You
To qualify for this role, you must have a Degree in Mining Engineering (or related field) from an accredited University or an equivalent College Diploma in Mine Engineering Technician/Technologist with commensurate experience.
The following will be critical to successfully performing this role:
• Must have a Degree in Mining Engineering (or related field) from an accredited University or an equivalent College Diploma in Mine Engineering Technician/Technologist with commensurate experience
• Accreditation as a Certified Engineering Technician/Technologist will be considered
• Previous experience is considered an asset
• Proficiency in Deswik, AutoCad, EPS, and Amine is an asset
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada
As our ideal candidate, you are a highly resourceful team player, with previous gold mining experience. Above all, you demonstrate compliance with all health and safety regulations.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication you can expect to receive a competitive annual salary, as well as the following benefits:
• Mine Performance Plan Incentive (bonus)
• Company-paid extended medical, prescription, dental, and vision benefits
• Wellness Spending Account
• Company-paid pension plan with 8% company contribution
• Basic life/accidental life insurance
• Long-term disability coverage
• Employee Assistance Program
• Three weeks paid vacation
• Paid pregnancy and parental leave
• Relocation Assistance available for eligible positions
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to take the next step toward your career goals with an industry leader - apply now!
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Lake Shore Gold
P.O. Box 1067
Email: [email protected]
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.