Full-Time • Timmins Region
Imerys is a world leader in creating specialty solutions that improve everyday life through minerals. Our success is built on our people, and creating an environment where our 17,800 employees around the globe can thrive.
We passionately believe that our teams are at their best when they have the opportunity to learn, collaborate and find new ways to solve our customers’ challenges, no matter what part of the business they are in.
We can offer you a variety of work and real opportunities to make an impact and be part of our evolution.
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at www.imerys.com
1st Class Tradesman - Electrician required for our Penhorwood Mill (located 70km west of Timmins).
LOCATION: Penhorwood Operations, Timmins, Canada
REPORTS TO: Penhorwood Mill Supervisor
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED
Wage: ???????????USW Union rate $37.09
Five to seven years related-experience in manufacturing or milling environment preferred. (Education may substitute for experience.)
Ontario electrical license or other certification or formal training in the electrical field.
- Fully supports the location health, safety, environmental and quality (HSEQ) programs by participating in their implementation, maintenance and enforcement as well as compliance with Corporate programs and policies.
- Works under and can follow Safety requirements set forth by Imerys Talc, Ministry of Labour and all other regulatory agencies.
- Must be capable of learning operational equipment process flow and understands how equipment interlocking works.
- Performs layout, installation, repair, programming, maintenance and replacement of electrical, PLC components, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) and electronic circuits, such as controls, motors, transformers, switchboards, and instruments.
- Demonstrates ability to read and understand blueprints, sketches, wiring diagrams, and equipment cut sheets as well as understand verbal instructions set forth.
- Runs wire, cable, and conduit. Connects power source and installs switch panels, junction boxes, control panels, etc.
- Repairs, maintains and overhauls equipment, control panels, building structures and machinery. Works with or directs outside contractors, as required.
- Operates equipment to move machines.
- Diagnoses electrical problems and corrects by repairing, replacing or recommending other appropriate action.
- Required to respond to call-outs on an as needed basis to keep operational equipment operating.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns and modifies circuitry, components and equipment recording performance by using oscilloscope, signal generator, ammeter, multimeter, voltmeter, or other appropriate electrical equipment.
- Performs various work of a mechanical nature.
- Maintains records, assigned work area(s).
- Requisitions necessary parts and supplies within appropriate authority level or informs supervisor if items are above authority level.
- Applies electronic theory and principles, testing procedures and engineering math to design, build or modify equipment at any location.
- Demonstrates solid level of proficiency in computer operation and program applications.
- Attends and successfully completes all training necessary to maintain proper knowledge to perform the duties of this position (i.e., PLC training, VFD operation and set-up, vendor sponsored classes, etc.).
- May be required to instruct or assist in the instruction or training of others.
- Assists with planning and preparation activities related to maintenance repair work and special projects, including, but not necessarily limited to, design and/or layout, parts procurement, and estimated downtime requirements.
- Assists with special projects, as assigned.
- Performs project-related work as part of normal day-to-day activities in order to accomplish location goals and objectives.
- Provides technical assistance and support to plant problem-solving activities involving quality, production, environmental, maintenance, and/or change management issues.
- Assists in analyzing equipment failures, investigating problems and offering solutions.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical components, electronic circuits in PLC and VFD controls in crushing, milling, packaging, and material handling equipment including blowers and fans; air compressors; air dryers; pumps; and rotary airlocks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as electrical and mechanical repair manuals, structural drawings, technical procedures, and safety manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports.
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills involving plant electrical issues and effectively utilize computer applications.
- Must possess strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with abilities to open ACAD files and printing of other software documents, preferred.
Please apply directly on website link: