Full-Time • Timmins Region
This position is located at our Penhorwood Site which is located approximately 70km west of Timmins towards Foleyet and requires daily travel for scheduled shifts. (Travel allowance provided)
- Safely troubleshoots, maintains and electrically repairs various types of equipment used in the crushing, floatation, and drying of the product.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fully supports the location health, safety, environmental and quality (HSEQ) programs by participating in their implementation, maintenance and enforcement as well as compliance with Corporate programs and policies.
- Works under and can follow Safety requirements set forth by Imerys Talc, Ministry of Labour and all other regulatory agencies.
- Must be capable of learning operational equipment process flow and understands how equipment interlocking works.
- Performs layout, installation, repair, programming, maintenance and replacement of electrical, PLC components, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) and electronic circuits, such as controls, motors, transformers, switchboards, and instruments.
- Demonstrates ability to read and understand blueprints, sketches, wiring diagrams, and equipment cut sheets as well as understand verbal instructions set forth.
- Runs wire, cable, and conduit. Connects power source and installs switch panels, junction boxes, control panels, etc.
- Repairs, maintains and overhauls equipment, control panels, building structures and machinery. Works with or directs outside contractors, as required.
- Operates equipment to move machines.
- Diagnoses electrical problems and corrects by repairing, replacing or recommending other appropriate action.
- Required to respond to call-outs on an as needed basis to keep operational equipment operating.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns and modifies circuitry, components and equipment recording performance by using oscilloscope, signal generator, ammeter, multimeter, voltmeter, or other appropriate electrical equipment.
- Performs various work of a mechanical nature. • Maintains records, assigned work area(s).
- Requisitions necessary parts and supplies within appropriate authority level or informs supervisor if items are above authority level.
- Applies electronic theory and principles, testing procedures and engineering math to design, build or modify equipment at any location.
- Demonstrates solid level of proficiency in computer operation and program applications.
- Attends and successfully completes all training necessary to maintain proper knowledge to perform the duties of this position (i.e., PLC training, VFD operation and set-up, vendor sponsored classes, etc.).
- May be required to instruct or assist in the instruction or training of others.
- Assists with planning and preparation activities related to maintenance repair work and special projects, including, but not necessarily limited to, design and/or layout, parts procurement, and estimated downtime requirements.
- Assists with special projects, as assigned.
- Performs project-related work as part of normal day-to-day activities in order to accomplish location goals and objectives.
- Provides technical assistance and support to plant problem-solving activities involving quality, production, environmental, maintenance, and/or change management issues.
- Assists in analyzing equipment failures, investigating problems and offering solutions.
OTHER IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical components, electronic circuits in PLC and VFD controls in crushing, milling, packaging, and material handling equipment including blowers and fans; air compressors; air dryers; pumps; and rotary airlocks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as electrical and mechanical repair manuals, structural drawings, technical procedures, and safety manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports.
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills involving plant electrical issues and effectively utilize computer applications.
Education and Experience requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five to seven years related-experience in manufacturing or milling environment preferred. (Education may substitute for experience.)
- Ontario electrical license.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics:
- Must possess strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with abilities to open ACAD files and printing of other software documents, preferred.
- Rotational 12 hour day shift schedule.
- Travel to mine site.
- $43.69/hr as per CBA
Magris Talc Canada is an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity through fostering an inclusive environment based on mutual respect and dignity. Accommodation is also available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities and upon request.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information and therefore your information will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.