Director of Care
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
DIRECTOR OF CARE
Full-Time / Non-Union
• Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Care manages all nursing services including the selection, training, safety and work assignment of all nursing staff. They are also responsible for the physical and emotional health and safety of the Residents. The successful candidate will balance strong leadership skills with a commitment to providing Resident care with compassion, dignity and integrity.
• The Director of Care (DOC) is responsible for providing leadership and management of the nursing care department. The DOC plans, organizes and manages effective administration of the nursing personnel based on conformance with guidelines established by the Ministry of Health Long-Term Care (MOHLTC), Teck Pioneer Residence guidelines, policies and procedures, and guidelines set by the College of Nurses of Ontario. The Director of Care is a member of the Leadership Team and provides critical thinking, strategic planning and problem solving of the overall delivery of health care to the residents of the facility.
• Hours of work: 35 hours per week
• Compensation: $ 90,920 to $ 109,104 per annum (to commensurate with experience) with an excellent benefit package.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BScN) or Registered Nurse Diploma
• Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the management of a nursing department
• Proven record in clinical care management, financial management, organization development, communication and human resource management
• Current knowledge of geriatric/long term care best practice and standards
• Proficiency in computers – Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills
• Outstanding organizational skills to manage many competing timetables and responsibilities
• Ability to exercise good judgment, tact and diplomacy
• Empathetic attitude and desire to contribute towards the wellbeing of the elderly
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Must provide clear Vulnerable Sector Check
Qualified candidates are invited to visit our website https://www.kirklandlake.ca under “Town Hall / Career Opportunities” to submit their résumé (complete with references and covering letter) in confidence by Friday, October 23 at 3:00 pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Personal information submitted is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for the purpose of the candidate’s selection.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR JOB APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST