Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Full Time Employment Opportunity – Beaverhouse First Nation
Following the Mission Statement of the Beaverhouse First Nation band office, we are seeking a dedicated and energetic individual who will work with a dynamic team to perform the following duties:
- Coordination of programming support staff
- Responsible for stats and funding requirements.
- Quarterly reporting with other management staff
- Engage and maintain working relationships with Cultural Knowledge Keepers, Elders and Facilitators
- Engage Indigenous youth and build relationships by offering programming to meet the client needs.
- Maintain a culturally safe, positive and enriching environment for Youth who attend programming in the office and out on the land. Program delivery will at times be located at our Land Based locations.
- Deliver culturally appropriate services through the NAN Choose Life program with focus on preventing suicide for indigenous youth and promoting cultural living.
- Strong knowledge of outdoor cultural activities, such as trapping, netting, canoeing, etc. Knowledge of cultural activities, such as drumming, etc.
- Experience speaking with youth, encouraging and empowering youth to learn their cultural heritage.
- Supportive, Confident and Leadership skills a strong asset
- Must be able to attend training and/or workshops out of town as mandated by the programs
- Maintain a confidential and positive rapport with coworkers, clients, families and other Indigenous agencies/partnerships.
- Two (2) years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Social Service Worker diploma or minimum 2 years’ experience in related field
- Practice and Knowledge of Indigenous culture and Willingness to learn. Sensitive to the needs of the First Nations people.
- Some experience with Office 365, outlook, excel and word.
- Valid Driver’s license and access to vehicle.
- Boating license or willingness to achieve this
- Highly motivated, reliable and committed.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Crisis Intervention Training
- Assist Training, Safe Talk Training
- Peer Support Counselling
Upon acceptance of the position a Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check will be required.
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume to the attention of the Hiring Committee by 12pm Noon, on November 15, 2019 at email@example.com or can be dropped off at 26 Station Road, North Kirkland Lake
We would like to thank those that applied. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.