Cook / Porter - Temiskaming Hospital, New Liskeard, ON
Casual / Temporary • Temiskaming Shores Region
We are currently accepting resumes for a temporary part-time Cook / Porter to join our team.
- Secondary School Graduate
- Safe Food Handler’s Certificate or equivalent
- Graduate of a Food Service Worker (6 modules) program or equivalent education; and at least 2 years cooking in a hospital or Nursing Home, or 3 years cooking in a non-healthcare institution, or 5 years cooking in a full service restaurant
- Ability to read, write, follow oral and written instructions in English
- Must have an excellent work record including attendance
- Must demonstrate a commitment to ensure your safety, the safety of fellow workers, patients, volunteers and visitors
- Must support and contribute to a culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events in the organization
- Journeyman Cook Qualification
- Ability to speak fluently in French and understand spoken French
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity in confidence, please respond with a detailed resume and cover letter by May 22, 2020 to:
Human Resources Department
421 Shepherdson Rd.
New Liskeard, ON P0J 1P0
Temiskaming Hospital thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity.
Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process provided the applicant has met
bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.