Full-Time • Timmins Region
Lake Shore Gold is located in Timmins, Ontario.
The Bell Creek Complex, located approximately 20 kilometers northeast of Timmins, Ontario, consists of an underground mine and processing facility. Mineralization is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt, with ore mined by narrow vein longhole stoping methods. Ore is then transported to surface via a newly commissioned one thousand eighty metre deep shaft at a mining rate of twenty five hundred tonnes per day.
We are currently recruiting for: Construction Miner
In this position, you will be responsible for bringing ground support to underground storages, build paste walls and install paste lines. You will be responsible for installation of shot crete walls, installations/maintenance of ventilation lines and fans, installation/maintenance of all underground pumps and pumping systems, monitor and maintain all pipe lines. You may also have to move, haul, or distribute latrine cassettes.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Wages
- Medical and Prescription Benefits
- Dental Plan
- Vision Coverage
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Mine/Mill Performance Plan Incentives
Bell Creek Mine – Porcupine, Ontario
5-5-4 rotation, 10 hour shifts – Days and Nights
- Previous experience is required
- Must be able to operate a jackleg and stopper
- Drilling experience with a blockhole drill would be an asset
- Experience with concrete work, installation of timbers and specialized ground support, forming, vent doors, walls, refuge stations, and welding would be considered an asset
- Practice good housekeeping
- Be committed to safety
- Basic UG Hard Rock Common Core is required
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Bell Creek Mine
P.O. Box 1067
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements.